5G Technology has spanned across various markets, from smart cities and connected cars to the internet of things (IoT) and smartphones. The high adoption of 5G technology across these markets has created significant demand for 5G ready chipsets. Major chipset manufacturers have already started manufacturing 5G ready chipsets and platforms.
Key telecom companies including Verizon Communications, Huawei Technologies, Nokia corporation, ZTE corporation, AT&T, Inc., and China Telecom Corporation Limited are making considerable investments for the deployment of 5G network infrastructure, which will provide high-speed connectivity to end-users. Such developments in network infrastructure have boosted the adoption of 5G chipset-enabled devices worldwide, which will drive the growth of the 5G chipset market during the forecast period. However, the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak has delayed 5G launch and has limited the development of 5g infrastructure, which is expected to hamper the growth of the 5G chipset market.
The ASIC type of IC is the preferred type of ICs in the global 5G chipset market. Major players in the market are making investments for the development of ASIC chipsets to gain a competitive advantage in the market. For instance, Samsung Electronics in 2017 has launched ASIC chipsets that are required for 5G modems. This chipset has applications in building 5G-enabled radio base stations and home routers.
The global 5G chipset market is valued at USD 2.12 Billion in 2020 and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 56.2% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. The major factors that are contributing to the growth of the market include increasing demand for wide network coverage and high-speed Internet along with low latency and power-efficient networking devices. Also, the growing demand for mobile data services and government support for the development of network infrastructure are driving the growth of the 5G chipset market.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global 5G chipset demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with a potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global 5G chipset market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global 5G chipset market have also been covered in the report. This report also includes the market share of the leading companies operating in 5G chipset market along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By IC Type:
- Radio frequency integrated circuit (RFIC)
- Application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC)
- Cellular Integrated circuit (Cellular IC)
- Millimeter wave integrated circuit (mmWave IC)
- Consumer Premises Equipment
- Network Infrastructure Equipment
By Operational Frequency
- Sub-6 GHz
- Between 26 and 39 GHz
- Above 39 GHz
By End-User Industry
- Automotive & Transportation
- Energy & Utilities
- Building Automation
- Industrial Automation
- Consumer Electronics
- Public Safety & Surveillance
North America 5G chipset Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by IC Type
- North America, by Product
- North America, by Operational Frequency
- North America, by End-User Industry
Europe 5G chipset Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by IC Type
- Europe, by Product
- Europe, by Operational Frequency
- Europe, by End-User Industry
Asia Pacific 5G chipset Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by IC Type
- Asia Pacific, by Product
- Asia Pacific, by Operational Frequency
- Asia Pacific, by End-User Industry
Middle East & Africa 5G chipset Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by IC Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Product
- Middle East & Africa, by Operational Frequency
- Middle East & Africa, by End-User Industry
South America 5G chipset Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by IC Type
- South America, by Product
- South America, by Operational Frequency
- South America, by End-User Industry
Major Companies: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Broadcom, Intel Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Mediatek Inc., Xilinx Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Qorvo, Infineon Technologies AG, IBM Corporation, Integrated Device Technology, API Technologies Corp, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and others.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for 5G chipset market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the 5G chipset market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the 5G chipset market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of 5G chipset market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client specific country, IC Type, Products, Operational Frequency and End-User Industry market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]