The Global Aerial Imaging Market was valued at USD 2 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 14.24% during the forecast period and reach USD 6.66 Bn by 2028. Growing demand in emerging application areas including natural resources management, energy, and disaster prevention is predicted to drive the market over the subsequent six years. Increased need for geospatial information and imagery data is additionally expected to fuel demand over the forecast period.
Adoption of location-based services (LBS) for navigation, remote monitoring, navigation, and mobile advertising is predicted to offer an impetus to the aerial imaging market. Adverse weather and related environmental factors may prevent accurate imaging data collection. Security and privacy concerns among users are expected to hamper market growth over the subsequent six years.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Aerial Imaging Market:
- Commercial applications are expected to witness high growth over the forecast period; they accounted for a significant portion of the market. This will primarily be attributed to high adoption by the tourism industry. Planning 3D or 2D seismic surveys for alleviating safety and environmental risks is predicted to favorably impact the energy segment.
- Aerial construction progress images are employed by architects and engineers for infrastructure development activities. Deploying aerial drones in place of manned helicopters for reducing overall cost is predicted to be a key growth opportunity. The agriculture sector benefits from this technology through application in drainage planning and farmland management.
- North America accounted for the majority of the worldwide market share. High demand from the agriculture and forestry segment is predicted to be the chief growth driver for the regional market. Demand from government agencies employing this technology for research purposes is additionally expected to fuel the market over the subsequent six years. High demand across application areas is estimated to propel the Asia Pacific aerial imaging market.
- Companies operating within the aerial imaging market may have in-house systems and platforms; alternatively, they'll also procure these from suppliers. Continued investments in R&D and technological innovation are the key strategic initiatives undertaken by major industry participants. Key market players include Blom ASA, Fugro EarthData, Google Inc, Pictometry International, GeoVantage, Inc., Kucera International, Digital Aerial Solutions, Ofek Aerial Photography, Eagle View Technologies, etc.
The Aerial Imaging market segmentation is based on application and region.
The aerial imaging market serves various industries including government, energy, military & defense, agriculture, commercial and civil engineering, etc. The government is anticipated to be the key end-use segment over the forecast period. The government sector uses this technology for various purposes like urban planning, Homeland Security, energy management and monitoring environmental studies, etc. Additionally, agriculture & forestry and commercial applications also are expected to grow at a substantial rate over the forecast period.
Few agriculture applications include evaluations and scheduling of fertilizers & pesticides, soil sampling and creating manageable zones, etc. For commercial applications, aerial imaging is employed for construction progress evaluation, advertising, and promotion. Additionally, increasing the use of aerial imaging in construction and natural resources management is predicted to favor market growth over the forecast period. Road planning, land use calculation and proving reference for the ground-service crew are few uses for engineering. Energy applications use include drilling and logistics activities etc.
North America is predicted to be the key regional market over the subsequent six years due to the development of UAVs and PAMS. Additionally, the European aerial imaging market is additionally expected to grow at a substantial rate over the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow significantly due to high defense and military investments in countries like India, China, etc.
Key market players include AeroMetric Inc., Google Inc, Eagle Aerial Solutions, Kucera International Inc., Landiscor Aerial Information and Eagle View Technologies.etc. Kucera International Inc. offers aerial photography, orthophotography, plotting, stereo compilation, and volumetric surveys, etc. Eagle View Technologies serves construction, land, solar, GIS, energy & utilities, safety, and federal applications.
This report also includes the profiles of key Aerial Imaging market companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies. In addition, these competitive landscapes provide a detailed description of each company including future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launch, new product developments, and other latest industrial developments.
Key Developments in Aerial Imaging Market:
- The action involved amending an original license agreement with Pictometry approved by the board in January 2017, including a flight that year and a second in 2020. Previous flights under contract with Pictometry occurred in 2008, 2011 and 2014.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Aerial Imaging market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market.
- Civil Engineering
- Military and Defense
- Forestry and Agriculture
- North America Aerial Imaging Market
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Application
- Europe Aerial Imaging Market
- By Country (Germany, Russia, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- By Application
- Asia Pacific Aerial Imaging Market
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Application
- Middle East & Africa Aerial Imaging Market
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- By Application
- South America Aerial Imaging Market
- By Country (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Rest of South America)
- By Application
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the Aerial Imaging market on a regional and global basis
- Unique research Usage for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
For more information, contact: [email protected]