Agrigenomics or Agricultural genomics is the application of genomics in agriculture to improve the productivity and sustainability in crop and livestock production. Since the beginning of the century, knowledge of genome composition and gene function has increased tremendously. The shift from single gene to whole genome analysis and the complete sequencing of higher eukaryotic genomes and transcriptomes offer the possibility to understand how all gene work together. These recent advancements have great impact on agricultural research. Analysing whole genomes will give further Insights into evolutionary processes and how modern crops and livestock arose from their ancestors. Furthermore, individuals can be selected genotypically based on whole genome sequences or whole genome SNP arrays. The method and tools for agrigenomics analysis including microarrays for genotyping and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP), next generation sequencing (NGS), and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) are familiar ones. The demands are for ever faster, more powerful technology, with ongoing needs for higher sample throughput and multiplexing capabilities and increased automation and reliability. These challenges are compounded by the greater complexity of working with the polyploid genomes of many plant species. Agrigenomics is used for genotyping for trait screening, has become indispensable to modern farming and breeding practices. Microarray and next generation sequencing technologies are helping breeders and researchers evaluate and predict genetic merit in plants and animals, informing crucial decisions about selection and health. Advances in genomic selection and more recently, gene editing, speed the process of developing crops and livestock with desirable agronomic traits such as higher production value, stress tolerance, disease resistance, and sustainability. Agrigenomics research is on rise as global population growth, decreasing acreage of arable land, and climate change are applying increasing pressure on the environment, ecosystem, and farmer’s ability to produce enough food. The pressure is driving efforts to develop higher producing crops, livestock for both dairy and meat, chickens for eggs. Using less land, water, and other resources, fewer pesticide and antibiotics, and more sustainable farming practices that have a less harmful impact on the environment. Seed companies and academic institutions alike can use genomic information to accelerate breeding programs by selecting for combinations of genomic markers associated with desirable traits such drought tolerance, disease resistance, or crop yields.
Agrigenomics boosting the agricultural sector as it helps to overcome many challenges which are associated with crops and livestock. Many leading market players are using agrigenomics for increasing crop yields, protecting agricultural ecosystems from the effects of climate change, and developing new plant verities that require less water and chemicals to grow and thrive. They are relying on genomic strategies to guide and accelerate their efforts.
Increasing population, rise in demand for crop and livestock, government initiatives to support research and enhance crop productivity and increase in demand for genomic database by livestock breeders these are some factors which are boosting the agrigenomics market growth. However, high cost of devices, stringent regulatory procedures, and high cost of investment are hampering the market growth.
Some impact factors:
- Increasing the adoption of agrigenomics due to the accuracy of results
- Technological advancements in sequencer system propelling the market growth
- Increasing health consciousness among the population has increased the demand for organic vegetables and fruits crop
- Research institute and laboratories are facing shortage of funds which hamper the market growth
- New research and development in agrigenomics have stopped due to outbreak of COVID 19
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Agrigenomics demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global Agrigenomics market. The major market drivers, challenges and opportunities for global Agrigenomics market are also covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading Agrigenomics producers along with their production capacities and growth strategies adopted by the them.
By Product Type:
- Illumina HiSeq
- Sanger Sequencer
North America Agrigenomics Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Product Type
- North America, by Application
Europe Agrigenomics Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Product Type
- Europe, by Application
Asia Pacific Agrigenomics Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Product Type
- Asia Pacific, by Application
Middle East & Africa Agrigenomics Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Product Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Application
South America Agrigenomics Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Product Type
- South America, by Application
Major Companies: In this report we have studied this major companies Eurofins, Zoetis, LGC Limited, BGI, Neogen Corporation, Pacific Biosciences, CEN4GEN Institute, and NuGEN Technologies.
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for agrigenomics market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in agrigenomics market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the agrigenomics market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of agrigenomics market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Provides niche insights for decision about every possible segment helping in strategic decision making process.
- Market size estimation of the agrigenomics market on a regional and global basis.
- A unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Identification of major companies operating in the market with related developments
- Exhaustive scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the agrigenomics.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]