Antifungal drug or antimycotic drugs, are pharmaceutical substances that act selectively against a fungal pathogen such as candida, ringworms etc. in the treatment of fungal infection. The major groups of antifungals are the polyenes, the azoles, and the allyamines. These groups are distinguished primarily by their chemical structure and mechanism of action. The demand for fungistatic agents is estimated to remain strong through 2025 due to mounting cases of fungal infections that are difficult to diagnose, yielding high mortality and morbidity rates. Growing incidences of patients suffering from hospital-acquired or nosocomial infections and infectious diseases are expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
According to statistics published by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention in 2017, it has been estimated that every year, nearly 220,000 new individuals are affected by cryptococcal meningitis, which is a brain infection and has resulted in 181,000 deaths per year around the world.Fungal infections include both systemic and superficial infections such as infection of the skin, eye, mouth, and vagina. Antifungal products with fungicidal activity are mostly used to treat a wide array of diseases, such as athlete's foot, ringworm, and fungal meningitis, caused by fungal agents.As aged people are more prone to infectious diseases and chronic conditions, including HIV and cancer, rise in geriatric population worldwide is likely to stir up the demand for antifungals to treat opportunistic fungal infections. The demand for fungistatic agents is estimated to remain strong through 2025 due to mounting cases of fungal infections that are difficult to diagnose, yielding high mortality and morbidity rates.Fungal diseases are a public health problem as they can affect any individual. However, there is severe threat of fungal infections to people with weak immune response such as patients with AIDS. There is a high possibility of development of opportunistic fungal infections in these patients
Some of the impact factors:
- Increasing incidence of fungal infections worldwide is the key factor stoking the growth of the market.
- Rise in adoption of immunosuppressive and antineoplastic agents, prosthetic devices and grafts, and broad-spectrum antibiotics has resulted in increased incidence of fungal infections in recent years.
- Several types of fungicidal preparations, such as creams, sprays, tablets, & injections, are available. Increasing adoption of these products is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period
What does this report provide?
The report provides an in-depth assessment of growth and other aspects of the market in key countries. This report provides in-depth analysis of the Antifungal Drugs market and provides market size for the forecast year 2028, considering 2019 as the base year.This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook.
By Drug Class:
North America Antifungal drugs market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Drug Class
- North America, by Indication
Europe Antifungal drugs market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Drug Class
- Europe, by Indication
Asia Pacific Antifungal drugs market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Drug Class
- Asia Pacific, by Indication
Middle East & Africa Antifungal drugs market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Drug Class
- Middle East & Africa, by Indication
South America Antifungal drugs market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Drug Class
- South America, by Indication
Key Players: Abbott; Pfizer, Inc.; Novartis AG; Merck & Co., Inc.; Sanofi-Aventis; Bayer AG; Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline Plc; Astellas Pharma, Inc.
Years Covered in the Study:
Historic Year: 2017-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Year: 2028
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for Antifungal drugs market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in Antifungal drugs market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the Antifungal drugs market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of Antifungal drugs market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Provides niche insights for decision about every possible segment helping in strategic decision-making process.
- Market size estimation of the Antifungal drugs market on a regional and global basis.
- A unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Identification of major companies operating in the market with related developments
- Exhaustive scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the Antifungal drugs market
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Treatment Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]