Antiretroviral therapy is medical prescriptions used for the treatment of HIV, which are mainly applied to manage the infection of a patient from the HIV virus. There are numerous types of combinations of antiretroviral treatments available in the market, which can stop the growth of the virus.
Increasing cases of HIV/AIDS worldwide are driving the antiretroviral therapy market. The growth in the antiretroviral therapy market is supported by various factors including the rising prevalence of HIV, growing access to antiretroviral therapy, increasing prevalence of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, and increasing intake of PrEP.
Drug Type Outlook
Based on drug class, the market is segmented into Integrase Inhibitors, Protease Inhibitors, Multi-class Combination Products, Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs), Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs), and Others. The key factors contributing to the growth of the Multi-class Combination Products are the rising burden of HIV and new drug approval. According to WHO, around 770,000 people died from HIV in 2018. Many companies are developing innovative products for the treatment of HIV patients, which help them take a competitive market position in the global antiretroviral market. Apart from this, many companies are investing more on R&D activities to develop new series of product to cater the market demand.
The North America region is dominating the global antiretroviral therapy treatment market in 2020. The growth of the region can be attributed to a high ART coverage rate and rising emphasis on prescribed branded drugs. In addition, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), United States, represents the largest public investment in HIV/AIDS research in the world, which is expected to fuel the market growth.
The consumption of ARV in African region is increasing due to the growing number of HIV cases, low price of ARV, and the initiatives take by international bodies such as WHO and international NGOs. These are some of the important factors for the rapid growth of the antiretroviral therapy market in this region.
These major market players are involved in the research and development of novel antiviral drugs, particularly for the treatment of HIV. At present, the major companies operating in the anti-retroviral market are improving their research and development capabilities and are trying to make collaboration, mergers & acquisitions, along with exploring new market opportunities in the geographic regions. The global players in the anti-retroviral drugs market are - AbbVie Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Gilead Sciences, Merck & Co, Inc., Mylan N.V., and ViiV Healthcare.
By Drug Type:
- Multi-Class Drugs Combination Drugs
- Protease Inhibitors
North America Antiretroviral Therapy Market
- North America, by Country
- North America Market, by Drug Type
Europe Antiretroviral Therapy Market
- Europe, by Country
- Rest of Europe
- Europe Market, by Drug Type
Asia Pacific Antiretroviral Therapy Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of APAC
- Asia Pacific Market, by Drug Type
Middle East & Africa Antiretroviral Therapy Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa Market, by Drug Type
South America Antiretroviral Therapy Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America Market, by Drug Type
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- ViiV Healthcare
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Bionor Pharma
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- July 17, 2018, The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved SYMTUZA, the first and only complete darunavir-based single-tablet regimen (STR) for the cure of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) in virologically suppressed adults.
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for the antiretroviral therapy market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the antiretroviral therapy market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the antiretroviral therapy market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of antiretroviral therapy market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Drug Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]