The Global Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market is anticipated to grow from USD 656.5 Mn at a CAGR of 21.2% during the forecast period and reach USD 3,050 Mn by 2028. Automotive Head-up Display (HUD) is a partially transparent display that gives limited and live information, allowing a driver to grasp it while driving a vehicle. The HUD technology was first introduced within the aviation industry, and now it's one of the attractive technologies installed across most of the luxurious cars. Moreover, HUDs are extensively utilized in machine maintenance and in sports to provide improved situational comprehension with real-time data.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) survey, near to 1.25 million people die per annum as a result of fatal road accidents across the globe. HUD display, with its driver-assist display that reports timely events, has the potential to stop accidents. In the early stages, HUD was extensively utilized in military aircraft, but the technology has matured and is finding broader applications in various fields such as automobiles, augmented reality in video games, etc. The paramountcy of HUD display crops up during low visibility weather like winter, rainy, and snowfall. HUD screen displays the knowledge like blind activates the road ahead, direction, distance covered and left, speed of the car, etc.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market:
- Growing demand for semi-autonomous and electric vehicles across the globe is expected to have a positive impact on the market growth
- Launch of portable HUDs at a minimum price range for mid-range vehicles is attracting more consumers across the globev
- Evolution of in-depth voice command HUDs is creating ease of accessing the resources thereby attracting the potential consumers
- Heavy pricing of progressive HUDs may have a negative impact on the market growth as the final product may only be targetable to the premium consumers
The Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) market segmentation is based on HUD Type and Region.
HUD Type Outlook:
Combiner HUD is simple to integrate with the vehicle, whether its passenger or sports utility type, without consuming space within the automobile’s cockpit. The type of automotive head-up display is classified into windshield, combiner, and augmented reality HUD. Lately, businesses are exploring types of windshields. From which, the combiner is one among the foremost efficient and commonly used type. In 2018, Japanese manufacturer Toyota introduced Camry with the largest windshield HUD. The company made windshield HUD as a standard for its Prius model. The increasing production of passenger vehicles globally is presenting a gamut of opportunities for the adoption of HUD for strengthening passenger safety.
North America is specializing in building its automotive sector, with a stress on safety and security levels. However, several automotive manufacturers from the U.S. are incorporating recent advancements in heads-up display technology to make sure safety measures in futuristic vehicles. The U.S has one among the foremost advanced automotive sectors with a penchant for advanced and powerful automobiles. Several OEMs are providing heads-up displays in their various premium models, including Ford, Tesla, and Land Rover.
Europe features a sizeable automotive sector marked by several key manufacturers. Several Europe-based companies are leading the automotive sector, like Continental AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Delphi Automotive PLC, with thriving export business of their technologically advanced vehicles with semi-autonomous and autonomous features. Consistent with the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA), automobile manufacturers operate on the brink of 309 vehicle assembly and production plants across 27 countries in Europe. In February 2019, Nippon Seiki announced an investment of JPY 1 billion for expanding the assembly capacity of HUD manufacturing and establishing a replacement production facility, which may manufacture onboard gauges and displays in Lodz and Poland. However, this new facility is predicted to kick-start full-scale operations by October 2020.
Asia-Pacific is predicted to grow at an accelerated pace within the automotive head-up display market on account of manufacturing the highest number of vehicles in countries like China, Japan, India, and South Korea, respectively. Consistent with data from the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), China manufactured around 27.8 million vehicles in 2018, followed by the U.S., Japan, and India. Hence, the burgeoning automotive sector is foreseen to upturn the acceptance of automotive head-up displays in developing countries of Asia-Pacific.
Some of the notable players within the global automotive head-up display market are Nippon Seiki Co. Ltd, Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Hudway Glass, Visteon Corporation, Yazaki Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Panasonic Corporation, Pioneer Corporation, Micro vision Inc., Rockwell Collins, Delphi Automotive PLC, and BAE Systems.
This report also includes the profiles of key Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) market companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies. In addition, these competitive landscapes provide a detailed description of each company including future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launch, new product developments, and other latest industrial developments.
Key Developments in Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market:
- In October 2018, Continental AG developed an augmented reality HUD that features new waveguide technology, enabling large-area augmentation within the driver’s field of view
- In June 2017, Continental AG collaborated with Digilens Inc. for the development of ultra-thin augmented reality head-up display·
- In October 2017, Denso Corporation developed a thin-film transistor, liquid-crystal head-up display to project critical driving information on the windshield of a car
- In January 2017, DigiLens, a provider of diffractive waveguide technology for Augmented Reality (AR) and Head-up Displays (HUD), announced they have closed a Series B round of investment at USD 22 million. the product will be unveiled in November 2017, featuring on the new Lexus LS of version 2018
- DENSO's new HUD projects a virtual screen approximately three meters before the driving force, enabling the driving force to more intuitively access key information about the vehicle and its surroundings without changing the direction of gaze
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market.
By HUD Type
- Augmented Reality HUD
- North America Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By HUD Type
- Europe Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market
- By Country (Germany, Russia, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- By HUD Type
- Asia Pacific Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By HUD Type
- Middle East & Africa Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- By HUD Type
- South America Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) Market
- By Country (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Rest of South America)
- By HUD Type
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the Automotive Head-Up Display (HUD) market on a regional and global basis
- Unique research Usage for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
For more information, contact: [email protected]