Organic compounds formed by amino acids are bioactive peptides, and these are linked by covalent bonds such as amide or peptide bonds. While the natural source of certain bioactive peptides is open, the large proportions of known bioactive peptides are encrypted in the formation of the parent proteins and are primarily released through enzymatic processes. Many bioactive peptides are being manufactured by chemical synthesis.
Bioactive Peptide is extracted from food protein and because of their health-promoting properties, they have a beneficial impact on humans. When consumed, it can offer beneficial effects, such as disease prevention or control of the physiological system. It plays an important role in influencing the digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine, immune, and nervous systems. It normally contains residues of between 3 and 20 amino acids. It stays inactive while the components are kept in the parent proteins and then become active when released through enzymatic hydrolysis by peptides during food processing or gastrointestinal digestion.
It must cross the gastrointestinal barrier and withstand enzyme degradation to have a positive health effect. In recent years, numerous bioactive peptides have been identified as naturally occurring or are derived from food proteins of various origins, such as milk, eggs, soya, fish, and meat. A new generation of biologically active regulators has been considered to be bioactive peptides, which can prevent oxidation and microbial degradation in food. It can also be used to treat different medical problems and thereby, improve the quality of life.
Recently, functional food and nutraceuticals have received much attention, particularly for the impact that they can have on human health and their use in the prevention of certain diseases. There is an increasing interest in the production of bioactive peptides from various sources such as food protein, microbial fermentation, enzyme hydrolysis, and chemical synthesis. The biological activity of bioactive peptide is mainly determined by the type of N- and C- terminal amino acid, the peptide chain length, charge character, and the composition of the amino acid.
The bioactive peptide is home to bioactive proteins, which are increasingly becoming important to consumers due to rising health issues and preference for healthy food. This, in turn, is increasing the demand for bioactive peptide. Growing population across the globe with increasing chronic illnesses and prevalence of many diseases are boosting the market. As bioactive peptide have many health benefits, this will help drive market growth.
Many market players are innovating and launching new products which will also drive the market growth. However, industrial scale production is hampered by the lack of suitable technologies. Owing to that, fermentation of high-pressure, microwave, ultrasound, pulsed electric field or subcritical water treatment proteins may be feasible for generation of improved antioxidant peptides in a shorter time and at less expense than enzymatic protein hydrolysis treated by novel processing methods. In addition to this, lack of knowledge regarding mechanism and functions of bioactive peptide can also restrain the bioactive peptide’s market growth.
Some impact factors:
- Various health benefits are the major drivers for the market growth
- Rising awareness about nutritional supplements has been increasing the demand for bioactive peptide market
- Increasing scientific research to find distinct bioactive peptide for the prevention of chronic diseases and provide immune protection is giving a boost to market growth.
- Due to the outbreak of COVID 19 across the globe, people are getting more health conscious and are focusing on healthy and nutritious food. This has increased the demand for bioactive peptide.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Bioactive peptide demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global Bioactive peptide market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global Bioactive peptide market are also covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading Bioactive peptide producers, along with their production capacities and growth strategies adopted by them.
By Therapeutic Area:
By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
North America Bioactive Peptide Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Source
- North America, by Therapeutic Area
- North America, by Distribution Channel
Europe Bioactive Peptide Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Source
- Europe, by Therapeutic Area
- Europe, by Distribution Channel
Asia Pacific Bioactive Peptide Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Source
- Asia Pacific, by Therapeutic Area
- Asia Pacific, by Distribution Channel
Middle East & Africa Bioactive Peptide Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Source
- Middle East & Africa, by Therapeutic Area
- Middle East & Africa, by Distribution Channel
South America Bioactive Peptide Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Source
- South America, by Therapeutic Area
- South America, by Distribution Channel
Major Companies: In this report, we have studied the following major companies - Archer Daniels Midland Company, Seagarden AS, Phermpep Co. Ltd., Arlak Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Naturade, Royal DSM, MYOS RENS Technology Inc., Natural Factors Inc., and Valio Oy
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate the market size for the bioactive peptide market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the bioactive peptide market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the bioactive peptide market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of the bioactive peptide market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]