The world’s population heavily depends on the agricultural production of plants and animals for food. An insecticide is a type of pesticide that specifically targets insects that harm animals and agricultural products. Biological insecticides, also known as bio pesticides, are made from natural materials that are meant to kill or control insects. These natural source materials may include animals, plants, bacteria, or minerals. So, biological insecticides are composed of living things, are made by living things, or are found in nature. There are three main type of biological insecticides - biochemical pesticides, microbial pesticides, and plant incorporated protectants. Biological insecticides are the types of insecticides that are produced from the bio-based product that are widely used in various applications.
The main benefit of using biological insecticide is their low toxicity to humans and non-target insects. Some of this insecticide (these insecticides) are so selective that they affect only one part of the life cycle of insects such as the caterpillar stage of moths and butterflies. The low toxicity also means less risk of groundwater and surface water contamination. The Different biological insecticides are available in the form of dry or liquid formulations that have the capability to control moderate insecticides.
The insecticide must be ingested by the larvae, which will then stop feeding within a few hours and die within two to five days. It can control insect pests by disrupting their mating patterns, attracting them to traps, or being sprayed on the crop as a pest repellent.
There are some major advantages of using biological insecticides over chemical insecticides. Chemical pesticides can kill the pests, but biological insecticides are used as a pest management approach to control of an insect pest over time. Also, it is often effective at low doses and decomposes quickly. This means that the exposure time is lowered and less pollution is produced. As a result, it is used majorly than conventional pesticides because they pose fewer safety risks.
Demand for food products, which is totally dependent on agricultural crops, is increasing with growing population. This, in turn, is increasing the demand for biological insecticides to increase agricultural production. Many health issues have been detected after the consumption of crops sprayed with chemical pesticides. Growing health consciousness among people across the globe has given many opportunities to the biological insecticide market, as biological insecticides are made from natural materials and so, they ensure the production of high purity and toxin-free products. However, their slow rate of action and effectiveness may act as a restraint to the growth of the market.
Some impact factors :
- It gives high purity and toxin-free crop product
- It helps increase crop production.
- Safe for use than other conventional methods
- Increasing consumptions of organic food is increasing the demand for biological insecticides.
- Due to Covid-19 pandemic situation across the globe, a slowdown in agriculture activities has been observed, which may hamper the market growth.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Biological insecticide demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global biological insecticide market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global biological insecticide market have also been covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading biological insecticide producers along with their production capacities and growth strategies adopted by them.
By Product Type:
- Microbial Pesticide
- Plant Pesticide
North America Biological Insecticide Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Product Type
- North America, by Application
Europe Biological Insecticide Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Product Type
- Europe, by Application
Asia Pacific Biological Insecticide Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Product Type
- Asia Pacific, by Application
Middle East & Africa Biological Insecticide Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Product Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Application
South America Biological Insecticide Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Product Type
- South America, by Application
Major Companies: In this report, we have studied the following major companies operating in market - Valent Biosciences Corp, Arysta LifeSciences, BASF SE, Becker Underwood Inc, AgBiTech Pty Ltd., DuPont, Andermatt Biocontrol, and Syngenta Crop Protections
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for biological insecticide market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in biological insecticide market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the biological insecticide market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of biological insecticide market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]