The global Biosimulation market reach USD 3.08 Billion 2022 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 21.56% over the forecast period 2023 to 2032. The approach of Biosimulation involves simulating biological processes using computer algorithms. In the area of drug research and development, biosimulation has numerous uses. It is a technique for forecasting, and biosimulation is employed to forecast the results of current studies pertaining to the discovery and development of novel medications.
The process of discovering new drugs and developing them is expensive, and if a therapeutic molecule fails in the late stages of research, a lot of time, money, and other resources are wasted. Therefore, a predictive tool that uses simulations of the biological processes involved is required in order to help forecast the future results of drug development. This is the primary driver of the global biosimulation market. Additional drivers of the biosimulation market expansion include rising healthcare costs, the creation of cutting-edge software, and advancements in simulation-related technology.
When developing and discovering new drugs, biosimulation systems can be utilized as tools for evaluating clinical outcomes. Some of the major reasons driving market expansion include an increase in research studies for the discovery of novel pharmaceuticals and an increase in biosimulation applications in the drug development process. Due to advantages including time savings and low cost, businesses participating in drug development studies are increasingly utilizing biosimulation tools.
Impact of covid-19 on Biosimultaion Market
The global economy was significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic's rapid spread. No matter how big or small, the introduction of the new coronavirus completely destroyed a lot of firms. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic destroyed the healthcare systems in a number of industrialized, emerging, and under-developed countries because they were unable to meet the needs of the patients. Additionally, governments all over the world implemented an industrial shutdown, as a result of which all industries were either shut down or slowed down, in order to contain the spread of the epidemic.
The biosimulation market was greatly influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic in the healthcare sector. The demand for biosimulation software and services was driven by the need to quickly evaluate and create COVID-19 vaccine candidates. In a study from April 2021 that was published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, in silico modeling utilizing the biosimulation tool BIOiSIM was done using preclinical in vitro and in vivo datasets that were well-known. The goal of the study was to hasten COVID-19 medication development and the repurposing of therapies used for pulmonary hypertension. The increase in such research suggested a favourable effect on market growth brought on by the increased need for expedited COVID-19 medication development.
TABLE 1: GLOBAL BIOSIMULATION MARKET OVERALL SNAPSHOT
The global Biosimulation market report has been segmented into by product, by delivery Model, by practice, by end user and region.
Biosimulation Market, by Product
The product segmented divided into Software, Molecular Simulation, In House, Contract Services.
The software segment is expected to highest growth in the market. the growth of the market on account of There is a wide variety of application-specific software on the market that satisfies certain needs in research and development. For instance, Rhenovia Pharma offers software that specializes in simulating the mechanism of medications that are specialized to the central nervous system. The software and service sectors make up the product segment.
The rapid expansion of biosimulation software by pharmaceutical and research organizations, as well as rising R&D expenditures for pharmaceutical research, are credited with the strong growth in this market.
Biosimulation Market, by Application
The application segmented divided into Clinical Trials, PKPD, ADME,
The PKPD (Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic) and ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Execration and Toxicity) and the biosimulation techniques are increasingly used in the drug development process because they speed up the process and save costs. Preclinical testing and clinical trials are a part of the drug development process.
Biosimulation Market, by Delivery
The delivery segment is divided into Subscription, Ownership.
Biosimulation Market, by End User
The end user segment is divided into Biotech, Pharma Companies, CROs, Regulatory.
The Pharm and biotech segment is account for the highest growth in the market. The adoption of biosimulation solutions in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries is projected to be boosted by increased R&D budgets of pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms and increased adoption of inorganic development strategies by various biosimulation service providers.
Biosimulation Market, based on Regional Analysis
The region segment includes major regions such as Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Europe, and South America.
The highest market share for biosimulation market worldwide is held by North America. The rise is attributable to the existence of significant companies, increasing digitization in healthcare, and the rising prevalence of chronic health concerns. Moreover, the deployment of in-silico models during the enforcement of regulatory rules to ensure high patient safety and treatment standards is further adding to the regional market growth.
TABLE 2: GLOBAL BIOSIMULTAION MARKET OVERVIEW
Recent development in the Global Biosimultaion Market
- Jul 2021, Certara, a global leader in Biosimulation, announced that Mubadala Investment Company (Mubadala) has made an approximately $250 million investment in Certara.
- August 5, 2021, Certara, Inc. a global leader in biosimulation, announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Pinnacle 21 for $310 million in cash and stock.
- In April 2017, Simulations Plus inked Distributor Agreement with Quantum Bio Solutions (Q-Bio) (South Korea) To enhance its contacts with South Korean industries and academics
- In June 2017, Simulations Plus purchased DILIsym Services, Inc. (“DILIsym”) (US) (US). This enabled the company to expand its product offering in simulation software and consultancy services of drug-induced liver harm.
- In December 2015, Certara bought XenologiQ (UK) To strengthen its product offering in mechanistic pharmacology and modeling and simulation
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Biosimultaion market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global Biosimultaion market have been covered in the report.
Major Companies: In this report, the major companies studied are Certara (US), Simulations Plus (US), Dassault Systèmes (France), Schrödinger (US), ACD/Labs (Canada), Chemical Computing Group (Canada), Physiomics (UK), Evidera (US), In silico biosciences (US), INOSIM Software (Germany), Insilico Biotechnology (Germany), LeadInvent Technologies (India), Rosa (US), Nuventra Pharma (US), and Genedata (Switzerland)
- Molecular Simulation
- In House
- Contract Services
- Clinical Trials
By end user
- Pharma Companies
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Objectives of this Report:
- On a regional and worldwide scale, estimate the market size for Biosimultaion market.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the Biosimulation market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of Biosimulation market with their potential growth during the forecast period.
Key Questioned Answered in the Report:
- What are major growth drivers and market trends that impacting on the global Biosimulation market?
- What the market size both in terms of value and volume for global Biosimulation market?
- Who are leading market players and who are the new market players that operate in the global Biosimulation market with an estimated market share?
- What are the future investment pockets and opportunity in the global Biosimulation market?
- Impact of COVID-19 on global Biosimulation market.
Customization of the market analysis:
- By sub-segment
- By customer-specific demand of additional customization including type, country, and application market analysis
- by potential listing of customers and pricing assessment
- Type-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: email@example.com