The Global Botulinum Toxin Market was valued at USD XX billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% over the forecast period. Botulinum toxin is one of the most toxic biological substances. Botulinum toxin also termed as miracle poison. It is a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium clostridium botulinum, it is an anaerobic, gram-positive, spore-forming rod commonly found on plants, in soil, water, and intestinal tracts of animals. It is commonly known by its trademarked brand name BOTOX®. It is the same toxin that causes a life-threatening category of food poisoning termed botulism. Doctors use it in minor doses to treat health problems. Clostridium botulinum produces eight types of toxins, labelled from A to G.
In 2002, Food and Drug Associations (FDA) approved the use of botulinum toxin A for the cosmetic purpose of temporarily reducing glabellar forehead frown lines. Botulinum A and botulinum B block nerve signals in the muscles. In order to contract, a muscle must accept a signal from exterior nerve endings. The signal is the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, which binds the receptor with the muscle, initiating muscle contraction.
Botulinum toxin constrains the release of acetylcholine and therefore also prevents muscle contraction. Muscle weakness is usually seen within two to four days, and paralysis or maximal weakness is noted around ten days. The botulinum toxins effects are not permanent, due to the affected nerves sprout new endings. Nearly by three months a working connection between the muscle and nerve is re-established.
However, an element of muscle wasting occurs with each injection. This incremental muscle wasting explains that the interval between two treatments is much needed and can gradually lengthen following repeated injections. Botulinum toxin is injected into affected muscles by using a 30 gauge 1-inch needle. Doses are tailored according to the mode of use and individual patients, and the dose depends upon the mass of muscle being injected, the larger the mass the higher the dose required.
However, lower doses may require in patients with pre-existing weakness and in females. Apart from its cosmetic use, it has numerous clinical applications it plays an important role in the management of an extensive variety of medical situations, specifically hemifacial spasm, strabismus, and focal dystonias, and numerous spastic movement disorders. Besides these, encouraging clinical reports have appeared for other uses such as headaches, hypertension, hyperhidrosis, and some chronic conditions that respond only partially to medical treatment. At times it can be used as a substitute to surgical intervention.
The trend of cosmetic enhancement is increasing across the globe as botulinum toxin is essentially used for cosmetic application in enhancing the facial appearance and decreasing indication of aging its market demand is continuously increasing. Increasing clinical applications of botulinum toxin for a wide variety of medical conditions enhancing its market growth.
Its widespread adoption and low side effect profile, non-destructive therapeutic effect, and the superior ability for specific muscle targeting are driving its market demand. However, it is highly poisonous, it can only be handled by professionals, overdose may cause some side effects such as mild pain, swelling, flu-like symptoms, and numbness may act as restraints to its market growth.
Some impact factors:
- It has a huge demand for cosmetic applications due to its benefits.
- Growing research activities expanded the use of botulinum toxin for neurological conditions.
- Growing importance of aesthetics and personal appearance among the population has led to significant growth of the market
- Botulinum toxin A has dominated the market due to its various application in the aesthetic and medical field.
- Pandemic of COVID 19 has affected the economic flow due to the stoppage of cosmetic treatments across the globe.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global botulinum toxin demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global botulinum toxin market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global botulinum toxin market are also covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading botulinum toxin producers along with their production capacities and growth strategies adopted by them.
- Botulinum Toxin Type A
- Botulinum Toxin Type B
By End Use:
North America Botulinum Toxin Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Type
- North America, by End Use
Europe Botulinum Toxin Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Type
- Europe, by End Use
Asia Pacific Botulinum Toxin Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Type
- Asia Pacific, by End Use
Middle East & Africa Botulinum Toxin Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Type
- Middle East & Africa, by End Use
South America Botulinum Toxin Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Type
- South America, by End Use
Major companies: In this report, we have studied this major company Allergan, Inc., Ipsen Group; Merz Pharma GmbH, and Co. KGaA.
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for Botulinum Toxin market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in Botulinum Toxin market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the Botulinum Toxin market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of Botulinum Toxin market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Provides niche insights for decision about every possible segment helping in strategic decision making process.
- Market size estimation of the Botulinum Toxin market on a regional and global basis.
- A unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Identification of major companies operating in the market with related developments
- Exhaustive scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the Botulinum Toxin
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]