The burn care centers market size is estimated to be USD xx million in 2020 and is projected to register a CAGR of xx% to reach USD xx million by 2028. Burn is a form of physical injury caused by heat exposure from electrical, chemical, electromagnetic, or thermal energy. The severity of the burn injury depends on the size and extent of the burn. Rising incidence of burn injuries, high demand for skin graft, increasing awareness about medical services, and increasing technical changes are some important factors in driving the global market. Growing awareness among patients about different treatment options and care choices is also a key driver for the industry.
FIGURE 1: BURN CARE CENTERS MARKET
Moreover, the growing number of burn emergency visits and increasing hospital admissions of patients will foster the growth of the burn care centers market. The key areas of required advances in burning care centers include procedures for fluid resuscitation, early excision and closure with skin replacement grafts, and dietary support regimes.
Moreover, regulated topical antimicrobials, septic treatment, thermal-neutral conditions, and pharmacological regulation of hyper-metabolized response are carried out in the burn care centers. The most important areas for burn care centers are improvement in the wound healing process and a reduction in inflammation and energy needs, hypermetabolism and muscle catabolism, and in morbidity and mortality due to severe burns.
Growth in the market for burn treatment can be mainly attributed to an increase in health spending and the rising incidence of burns. Moreover, growing government policies in the global market for burn care are expected to promote growth. However, the global demand growth for burn centers may be hampered by high costs associated with burn care treatments.
The global burn care centers market has been segmented by facility type, by treatment type, by burn severity, and by service type.
FIGURE 2: BURN CARE CENTERS MARKET SEGMENTATION
By facility type, the global burn care centers market is bifurcated into in-hospital and standalone. The In-hospital segment is anticipated to account for the largest share in the global burn care centers market in 2020. Due to the existence of a higher number of nearly 128 burn centres relative to other countries, the U.S. generated the majority of burn care revenue in 2018.
The standalone segment is also expected to grow in the forecast period due to increased consumer expectations regarding quantity-based services for personalised treatment and value-based services. In addition, increased availability of beds for victims for long-term treatment in independent hospital facilities is another important factor that will boost the segment's growth.
By treatment type, the global burn care centers market is segregated into wound debridement, skin graft, traction, splints, and wound care, respiratory intubation and ventilation, and OTC pain medications & bandages. Due to increased pain care and wounds dressing in partial and full-thicken situations, the OTC pain drugs and bandage segment is expected to grow at the highest rate over the forecast period. The skin grafting sector is expected to show strong growth due to its high demand in hospitals, followed by OTC pain medications and bandage.
By burn severity, the global burn care centers market is segmented into minor burns, partial thickness burn, and full thickness burns. The minor burns are capable of causing chronic and acute injuries. Among the above segments, the minor burns segment is to register significant growth over the forecast period. In order to treat minor burns, a physician has to consider how the wounds can be adequately treated, which increases overall patient visits to hospitals. Minor burns may be treated with advanced or traditional wound dressings.
By service type, the global burn care centers market is segmented into inpatient, outpatient, and rehabilitation. The inpatients segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment in the market due to the rising number of hospital admissions for burn victims worldwide. The largest market share of the category has resulted in high costs associated with inpatient facilities. Market growth is projected to be substantial due to the high cost of care associated with these service forms.
By region, North America retained the largest market share in the world in 2019. The growth of this regional market for burn treatment can be mainly attributed to the increase in the incidence of burns and high demand for skin grafts and replacements. In addition, the presence of key market players in this region and their focus on strategic initiatives such as the launch of new products and mergers & acquisitions are expected to generate significant growth opportunities.
The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period. The rise in the incidence of burn injuries is a key factor in boosting the demand in this area. The region is going to witness increased R&D activities by leading market players for the launch of innovative products, which in turn, is expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
- The delivery of treatment to patients includes improved wound healing in burn centers verified together by the American College of Surgeons and the American Burn Association, which have defined guidelines for burn care, infection prevention, and recovery and disaster management. There are currently 67 American Burn Association-verified burn centers in the United States, 3 in Canada, and 1 in Australia.
What does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global burn care centers demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global burn care centers market.
The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global burn care centers market have also been covered in the report. This report further includes the market share of the leading companies operating in the burn care centers market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Facility Type:
By Treatment Type:
- Wound debridement
- Skin graft
- Traction, splints, wound Care
- Respiratory intubation and ventilation
- OTC pain medications and bandages
By Burn Severity:
- Minor Burns
- Partial Thickness Burns
- Full Thickness Burns
By Service Type:
FIGURE 3: BURN CARE CENTERS MARKET (USD MILLION), BY SERVICE TYPE
North America Burn Care Centers Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by facility type
- North America, by treatment type
- North America, by burn severity
- North America, by service type
Europe Burn Care Centers Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by facility type
- Europe, by treatment type
- Europe, by burn severity
- Europe, by service type
Asia Pacific Burn Care Centers Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by facility type
- Asia Pacific, by treatment type
- Asia Pacific, by burn severity
- Asia Pacific, by service type
Middle East & Africa Burn Care Centers Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by facility type
- Middle East & Africa, by treatment type
- Middle East & Africa, by burn severity
- Middle East & Africa, by service type
South America Burn Care Centers Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by facility type
- South America, by treatment type
- South America, by burn severity
- South America, by service type
Major Companies: In this report, the following major companies are studied: Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America; Pediatric Burn Care Center (The General Hospital Corporation); University of Rochester Medical Center; University of Washington Regional Burn Center National Burn Center (India); Chelsea & Westminster Hospital; North Bristol NHS Trust; and The MetroHealth System.
Objectives of This Report:
- To estimate the market size for the burn care centers market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the burn care centers market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the burn care centers market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of burn care centers market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for mentioned applications.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]