Capillary Blood Sampling is a medical procedure aimed at assisting in-patient diagnosis, management, and treatment. Capillary Blood sampling is increasingly being used worldwide, partly due to the growing availability of point of care testing, which is one of the fastest growing areas in laboratory medicine. Capillary blood sampling process helps in collecting small blood volumes for laboratory testing. It also provides good quality samples as well as accurate test results that are at per with standardisation.
It is somehow difficult to collect blood samples in paediatric patients, as it directly affects the blood volume and thus, can cause the risk of anaemia. Capillary blood collection and sampling device provide a better alternative solution for it. Lancets, microcontainer tubes, microhematocrit tubes, sealants, and warming devices are generally required for capillary puncture.
They are especially designed to be used for finger or heel puncture. Both types of devices are required to have safety features, which include the use of retractable blade or needles to reduce the risk of sharp injury. Laser lancets are generally used on fingers of adults and children five years or older. These lancets perforate the skin with a laser instead of a sharp blade or needle. Microcontainers are used to collect blood from patients via capillary puncture. Microhematocrit tubes are glass or plastic capillary tubes, and they are used for blood collection and haematocrit determination, which can be coated with anticoagulant or plain depending on applications.
Warming devices, also known as heel warmers, are used help increase the arterial blood flow at the puncture site so that the blood obtained more closely resembles arterial blood than venous blood. There are several manufacturers on the market which produce these warmers. If such warmers are not available, a towel dampened with warm water can also be used to the same effect. However, care must be taken so that the water is not too hot to burn the skin.
There are various advantages of capillary blood collection, as only a very small amount of blood is needed. ICU patients can lose up to two percent of their total blood volume every day when venous blood sampling is done. Collection is simple and relatively painless in case of capillary blood collection. Finding a vein in elderly patient or a child can be a quite difficult and also traumatic for both lab tech and the patient. Moreover, patients can be taught to do capillary blood collections at home by using capillary blood collection devices.
Due to the increasing adoption and implementation in hospital labs and patient centric clinical testing, blood donation centres, diagnostic centres, pathology labs and clinical research labs, the demand for capillary blood collection and sampling device has been growing in recent times. Favourable medical device regulation, the growing demand for diagnosis of chronic diseases, rising prevalence of diabetes, and increasing population across the globe are the major key factors which are contributing to the growth of the capillary blood collection sampling device market.
Some impact factors:
- The rise in the number of infectious and noncommunicable diseases is increasing the use of capillary blood collection and sampling devices.
- In comparison to venous and arterial blood collection, it is less invasive, inexpensive, and painless
- Technical advancements in the market such use of laser lancets have propelled the market growth.
- An increase in blood tests due to the outbreak of COVID 19 across the globe has significantly increased the demand for capillary blood collection and sampling devices.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Capillary blood collection and sampling devices demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global Capillary blood collection and sampling devices market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global Capillary blood collection and sampling devices market are also covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading Capillary blood collection and sampling device producers along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Device Type:
- Blood Collecting Tubes and Collector
- Warming devices
By End User:
- Blood Donation Centres
- Pathology Lab
- Home Diagnosis
North America Capillary Blood Collection And Sampling Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Type
- North America, by End Users
Europe Capillary Blood Collection And Sampling Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Type
- Europe, by End Users
Asia Pacific Capillary Blood Collection And Sampling Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Type
- Asia Pacific, by End Users
Middle East Capillary Blood Collection And Sampling Market
- Middle East, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East
- Middle East, by Type
- Middle East, by End Users
Rest of the World Capillary Blood Collection And Sampling Market
- Rest of the World, by Country
- Rest of the World, by Type
- Rest of the World, by End Users
Major companies - In this report, we have studied the following major companies - Danaher corporate, Abbott Laboratories, Novo Nordisk AS, Becton Dickinson and Company, Medtronic PLC, B Braun Melsungen AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Terumo Corporation, Ypsomed, Greener Bio one.
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate the market size for capillary blood collection and sampling device market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in capillary blood collection and sampling device market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the capillary blood collection and sampling device market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of capillary blood collection and sampling device market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Provides niche insights for a decision about every possible segment helping in strategic decision making process.
- Market size estimation of the capillary blood collection and sampling device market on a regional and global basis.
- A unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Identification of major companies operating in the market with related developments
- Exhaustive scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the capillary blood collection and sampling device market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
For more information, contact: [email protected]