The Chemical Fertilizers Market is expected to promise high growth owing to increasing demand for food is leading to demand chemical fertilizers in recent years. Increasing demand from applications including soil treatment, root dipping, seed treatment, foliar treatment, fertigation, grains & cereals, pulses & oilseeds, fruits & vegetables, commercial crops, others is expected to drive the growth of the market.
A chemical fertilizer is any inorganic material of partial or completely synthetic nature that is mixed with soil for growth. Chemical fertilizers mainly contain nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and other essential elements required for plant growth.
Chemical fertilizers have the tendency to erode the soil and long term use of the same can depreciate the quality of soil by irreversibly damaging valuable microbes. To address this problem, manure or compost should be added to the soil frequently. Chemical fertilizers are exorbitantly priced than natural fertilizers. They may contain constituents that may be hazardous to the skin and the respiratory system. Excess use of these fertilizers can kill the plants and cause a long-term imbalance in soil pH and fertility. The most common types of chemical fertilizers are anhydrous ammonia, Urea, Superphosphate, and Di-ammonium phosphate.
This report categorizes the chemical fertilizers market based on Macronutrients, Micronutrients, by Application and by fertilizer form. Deviation of the market helps understand the details of the current scenario like required market strength, size and many more. Chemical Fertilizers have an increasing demand from various applications like soil treatment, root dipping, seed treatment, foliar treatment, fertigation, grains & cereals, pulses & oilseeds, fruits & vegetables, commercial crops, etc. However, Companies avail the product in various forms like Dispersible Granules, Pellets, Powder, Pure Fermentation, and Mixed Fermentation. Moreover, the chemical fertilizer market is divided into Macronutrients which are further classified into Nitrogenous, by Phosphoric, and by Potassic and Micronutrients are classified into Iron-based, Manganese-based, Boron-based, Chlorine-based, Zinc-based, Copper-based, and Molybdenum-based.
Key Factors Impacting Market Growth:
- The global increase in demand for fertilizers.
- Increasing demand for food is leading to demand for chemical fertilizers.
- The decline in the demand for chemical fertilizers in some countries due to the increasing use of organic farming techniques.
- Demand for chemical fertilizers is on the rise post introduction of new nanoparticle technology.
North America and Western Europe are some of the major markets for chemical fertilizer product due to Government support, a low-interest environment, government subsidies, and intensive farming techniques also these regions are traditional suppliers of chemicals such as specialty chemicals, bulk chemicals, and so on. Major companies in this market are headquartered in North America and Western Europe. This region has been witnessing several transitions in terms of productions of chemicals and respective applications by end-use industries. On the other hand soil erosion, increasing use of bio-fertilizers, rising demand for organic food products, and alternative farming practices can hinder the growth of this market in the future. Moreover, regulatory authorities have imposed strict guidelines about environmental concerns and potential health hazards due to exposures. This has been more instrumental in the Western Europe region competitively. Some of the major economies in these regions include the US, Germany, UK, France, Canada, Italy, Spain, and so on.
The Asia Pacific and the Middle East are expected to register substantial growth in the chemical fertilizer market during the forecast period. This demand is regarding the growth of major end-use industries/Applications such as soil treatment, root dipping, seed treatment, foliar treatment, fertigation, grains & cereals, pulses & oilseeds, fruits & vegetables, commercial crops, others. Major countries in the Asia Pacific region include China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, and so on. Middle East includes the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel, Egypt, and so on. Eastern Europe has been largely dominated by Russia and Turkey with operations of major chemical giants in the region. Rest the World that includes South America and Africa has a strong potential for the chemical fertilizer market. There has been an increasing number of investments by global companies in these regions to strengthen their presence and tap the potential market. Major economies in these regions for the chemical fertilizer market include Brazil, South Africa, Nigeria, Argentina, Colombia, and others.
- In May 2018, Yara International ASA acquired Vale Cubatão Fertilizantes (Brazil), which has strengthened the company’s position in terms of Brazil’s nitrogen production assets, along with the fertilizer and industrial sectors in the region.
- In June 2019, EuroChem Group expanded its fertilizer production facility by opening a third new fertilizer blending plant in Brazil. This production center was a new 27,000 m2 facility at Araguari in Minas Gerais, which was another step in the continued expansion of EuroChem’s subsidiary, Fertilizantes Tocantins (FTO). It is a major fertilizer distribution business in Brazil.
- In September 2019, Nutrien Ltd. acquired Ruralco Holdings Limited (Ruralco) in Australia. Through this acquisition Nutrien would be able to provide significant benefits to its stakeholders, as well as enhance the delivery of its products and services to the Australian farmers.
Companies Covered: Major market players operating in Chemical Fertilizers market are Nutrien Ltd., Yara International, The Mosaic Company, CF Industries Holdings Inc., Israel Chemicals Ltd, Eurochem Inc., Sinofert Holdings Ltd., Uralkali Coromandel International Ltd., Bunge Ltd., CropAgro, Bio Nature Technology PTE Ltd., BASF SE, Fertikal N.V., BioSTAR Organics, National Fertilizers Limited, Tata Chemicals Ltd, Midwestern BioAg, Sustane Natural Fertilizer Inc., and Uniflor. A study on these companies will be useful to analyze current as well as future scenarios related to the required markets.
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global chemical fertilizers market on a regional and global basis
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]