Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD is a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe. Progressive means the disease gets worse over time. It is a group of diseases which include chronic bronchitis and emphysema, which can result in COPD. A COPD diagnosis means the patient may have one of these lung damaging disease or symptoms COPD can progress gradually, making it increasingly difficult to breathe over time.
COPD happens when the lungs and the airways become damaged and inflamed caused by various factors. It’s usually associated with the long term exposure to harmful substances such as cigarette smoke and exposure to an unhealthy environment. Smoking is the main cause of COPD and is thought to be responsible for around 9 in every 10 cases. The harmful chemicals in smoke can damage the lining of the lungs and airways. Exposure to certain types of dust and chemicals at work may damage the lungs and increase your risk of COPD. COPD makes breathing increasingly more difficult, but it develops slowly over many years and people may not be aware when they have it at first. Most people with COPD do not have any noticeable symptoms until they reach their late 40s and 50s.
Common symptoms of COPD include increasing breathlessness (this may only happen when exercising at first and people may sometimes wake up at night feeling breathless), a persistent chesty cough with phlegm that does not go away, frequent chest infections, and persistent wheezing. The symptoms will usually get gradually worse over time and make daily activities increasingly difficult, although treatment can help slow down the progression. Currently, there is no cure for COPD, but treatment can help slow the progression of the condition and control the symptoms. Several kinds of medications are used to treat the symptoms and complications of COPD. Bronchodilators are the medications that usually come in inhalers. They relax the muscles around airways, which can help relieve coughing and shortness of breath and make breathing easier. Another medication used for people with severe COPD is roflumilast, a phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor. Inhaled steroids can also be used to treat COPD, as these are helpful for people with frequent exacerbation of COPD.
Increasing smoking habits among people across the globe has increased the cases of COPD, which, in turn, is boosting the market growth. Genetic disorders caused by alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency is also another driving factor for the COPD treatment market. Rising air pollution across the globe is yet another factor that is increasing the cases of COPD. However, side effects of drugs used for the treatment of COPD may act as a restraint to market growth.
Some impact factors:
- Increasing cigarette smoking across the globe is the major factor for market growth.
- Increasing air pollution is also driving the market growth.
- Many research activities are going on for identifying the molecular targets that are responsible for the disease progression of COPD.
- Side effects of drugs used for the treatment of COPD may hamper the market growth.
- People affected with COPD are more likely to get infected with COVID-19 than others, as both diseases are associated with the lungs.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment market are also covered in the report. This report also includes the market share of the leading Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment producers along with their production capacities and growth strategies adopted by them.
By Drug Class:
- Beta 2-Agonists
- Phosphodiesterase Type 4 Inhibitors
By Route of Administration:
By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
North America Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Treatment Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Drug Class
- North America, by Route of Administration
- North America, by Distribution Channel
Europe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Treatment Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Drug Class
- Europe, by Route of Administration
- Europe, by Distribution Channel
Asia Pacific Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Treatment Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Drug Class
- Asia Pacific, by Route of Administration
- Asia Pacific, by Distribution Channel
Middle East & Africa Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Treatment Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Drug Class
- Middle East & Africa, by Route of Administration
- Middle East & Africa, by Distribution Channel
South America Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Treatment Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Drug Class
- South America, by Route of Administration
- South America, by Distribution Channel
Major Companies: In this report we have studied the following major companies - AstraZeneca Plc, Orion Corporation, Mylan N.V., Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and CHIESI Farmaceutici SpA.
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) treatment market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]