Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics (CFT) are a type of composites materials that are used in many end-use industries due to their favorable properties such as high strength, durability, stiffness, and also because they are lightweight. CFT now has a history of about 30 years. It is somehow different from the short fiber thermoplastics in terms of width. Earlier, CFT were mainly used in the aerospace & defense industry, but later they have found applications in various end-user markets such as transportation, sporting items, recreational items, and other industrial markets.
The demand for CFT has been increasing in recent times due to the inability of short fiber thermoplastics (SFT) and metals to address the specific application requirements. CFT materials have more advanced physical properties and benefits than that of composite materialsan form ergonomic shapes and can handle coextruded handle materials. CFT is widely used in aerospace & defense and automotive industries due to its low weight, in order to replace metal and other ancillary competitive materials components and parts.
Some impact factors for CFT products are:
- Lightweight with superior UV stability
- High chemical and thermal resistivity
- Superior dimension stability and functional integration
- Environment-friendly and recyclable
- Short cycle time and high shelf time
The global continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2029. The market is anticipated to reach USD XX million in 2020 and then reach USD XX million by 2028. Aerospace & defense is the largest end-user market for CFT in 2020 and is anticipated to remain so till the forecast period.
But in recent times, the market penetration of the transportation end user segment has been gaining momentum owning to the increasing penetration of lightweight automotive components, which are replacing metal components to reduce the weight of vehicles for better efficiency, durability, and environmental impacts.
In terms of region, the North American region has captured the largest market for global CFT in 2020 and is anticipated to be dominant till the forecast period. The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to register the highest CAGR in the global CFT market during the forecast period. The demanding aerospace & defense industry along with the growth of the transportation industry are to contribute to the growth of the market.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) market have also been covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Reinforcement Type:
- Glass Fiber
- Carbon Fiber
- Other Fiber
By Resin Type:
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polyethylene (PP)
- Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK)
- Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polyetherimide (PEI)
By Operating Temperature:
- High temperature
- Low Temperature
- UD Tape
By End User:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Recreational and sports
North America Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics (CFT) Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Reinforcement Type
- North America, by Resin Type
- North America, by Operation Temperature
- North America, by Form
- North America, by End User
Europe Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics (CFT) Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Reinforcement Type
- Europe, by Resin Type
- Europe, by Operation Temperature
- Europe, by Form
- Europe, by End User
Asia Pacific Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics (CFT) Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Reinforcement Type
- Asia Pacific, by Resin Type
- Asia Pacific, by Operation Temperature
- Asia Pacific, by Form
- Asia Pacific, by End User
Middle East & Africa Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics (CFT) Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Reinforcement Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Resin Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Operation Temperature
- Middle East & Africa, by Form
- Middle East & Africa, by End User
South America Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics (CFT) Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Resin Type
- South America, by Operation Temperature
- South America, by Form
- South America, by End User
Major Companies: AXIA Materials, Celanese, Cytec, Guangzhou Kingfa Carbon Fiber, Ningbo Huaye Material, Lanxess, QIYI Technology, PolyStrand, Kingfa, Solvay Group, Polystrand, TenCate and others.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of continuous fiber thermoplastics (CFT) market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client specific country analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]