A crossover vehicle is a type of SUV (sport utility vehicle), as it has the body and space of an SUV, but has the foundations of a car. Manufacturers have incorporated parts of SUVs in crossover vehicles. There are a number of benefits of a crossover vehicle. For example, it has an upright seating position with improved outward visibility. It also gives a lot of interior space with good crash protection.
Further, crossover vehicles avoid some of the shortcomings of SUVs by using a car-based platform. It has improved passenger space with rugged styling. While crossover vehicle is heavier than most cars, it tends to be lighter than SUVs and gives better gas mileage. This has led to its rising demand in recent times.
Crossover vehicles also tend to have smoother rides and better handling than SUVs. This makes it comfortable for commuters, which is a crucial factor in driving the growth of the market. However, for this, it has given up on the ability to tackle harsh off-road trails or tow heavy loads. This could act as a restraining factor for the global crossover vehicles market.
Safety is one of the biggest concerns with the traditional SUVs. Crossovers have potentially better ground clearance. In the late 1990s, carmakers resolved these issues by incorporating electronic stability control. This crucial safety feature has assisted crossover vehicles to become popular since it has helped ease a major safety concern of consumers.
Once it became clear that drivers wanted the versatility and style of SUVs, along with comfort and fuel efficiency, nearly every automaker in the industry jumped in to provide an answer, leading to the growth of the market. Rising demand for large cargo capacity and consumers opting for comfort on long journeys are propelling the demand for crossover vehicles.
Further, these vehicles are also available at comparatively lower prices than other premium vehicles. Versatility in various features has increased the popularity of crossover vehicles among consumers, leading to the growth of the global crossover vehicles market.
Drive Type Outlook
Based on the drive type, the global crossover vehicles market segmentation includes front wheel, rear wheel, and all-wheel. Crossover vehicles have extra ground clearance and can be accompanied by two wheel drive, four wheel drive, or all-wheel drive, though many crossovers come with the standard two wheel drive.
Crossovers combine the best features of cars with the best features of SUVs. The modern crossover differs from SUVs in several areas. They have front wheel drive and optional all-wheel drive that is usually engaged automatically. They also provide a more comfortable ride compared to both trucks and body-on-frame SUVs with easy handling and precise steering.
Factors Driving the Growth of the market:
- Powerful engine and smart design for attracting consumers will fuel market growth in future.
- Growing preference for crossover vehicles among nuclear families will contribute to the growth of the industry in the coming years.
- Availability of crossover vehicles at comparatively lower prices than other premium vehicles will positively affect the market.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global crossover vehicles market demand from a qualitative and computable perspective with a prediction for the subsequent 10 years. The report provides the dynamic indicators with their potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global crossover vehicles market.
The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global crossover vehicles market are also covered in the market. This report further includes the market share of the leading crossover vehicle producers along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
- Small Size
- Large Size
By Drive Type:
- Front Wheel
- Rear Wheel
By Fuel Type:
By Gear Transmission:
North America Crossover Vehicles Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Type
- North America, by Drive Type
- North America, by Fuel Type
- North America, by Gear Transmission
Europe Crossover Vehicles Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Type
- Europe, by Drive Type
- Europe, by Fuel Type
- Europe, by Gear Transmission
Asia Pacific Crossover Vehicles Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Type
- Asia Pacific, by Drive Type
- Asia Pacific, by Fuel Type
- Asia Pacific, by Gear Transmission
Middle East & Africa Crossover Vehicles Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Drive Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Fuel Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Gear Transmission
South America Crossover Vehicles Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Type
- South America, by Drive Type
- South America, by Fuel Type
- South America, by Gear Transmission
Major Companies: In this report, the following major companies are studied - Honda Motor Company, Ltd., Ford Motor Company, Nissan Motor Company Ltd, Mazda Motor Corporation, and Toyota Motor Corporation.
Objectives of This Report:
- To estimate market size for the crossover vehicles market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the crossover vehicles market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the crossover vehicles market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of crossover vehicles market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
We offer customized study to meet specific industry requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]