Cryotherapy is a cold therapy for skin and body. Whole body therapy is one of the most common types of cryotherapy that involves exposing the entire body to temperatures between -100°C to -160°C. This is carried out for some unique therapeutic purposes.
This process usually takes place in a unique chamber known as the cryochamber. When patients step into the cryochambers, their body undergoes some sort of transformation as the temperature drops drastically to an unimaginable low for a few minutes.
The dry cold penetrates through the skin, which causes body temperature sensors to send a quick signal to the brain. This triggers the fight or flight response. The temperature is dropped to as low as -160°C using hybrid system combining the cooling power of liquid nitrogen and electricity. Once the temperature drops, patients are expected to remain in the chamber for at least three minutes.
Scientifically, cryotherapy is a concentrated and localised treatment method and is quite effective and more comfortable than an ice bath. This has led to the growth of this therapy and consequently, the demand for cryochambers. This, in turn, is going to boost the global cryochambers market.
The main aim of this therapy is to trigger natural, physiological reactions of a human body by low temperatures. In Japan, a group of scientists in 1978 built the first whole body cryochamber. Since then, it has witnessed a continuous and steady growth.
The growth of the cryochambers market is being mainly driven by the increasing demand for cryotherapy due to the rising incidents of sports injuries, the growing preference for minimally invasive procedures, and increasing incidence of cancer.
Further, there has been increasing demand for this therapy in dermatology for beauty treatments, which is expected to give a major boost to the global cryochambers market. However, the absence of sufficient evidence regarding the safety and effectiveness of the cryochamber therapy are likely to impede the growth of the cryochamber market to some extent.
By Type Outlook
The type segment of the cryochambers market is divided into classic cryochamber, cooling retention cryochamber, and cryosauna. The classic cryochamber is also called Wroclaw type. It consists of two cabins vestibule and the main chamber. The vestibule is a primary cabin with inside temperature of about -60°C. The time of patient adaption to this low temperature does not exceed 30 sec. Afterwards, a maximum 3 minutes long session is done in the main chamber with a temperature in the range of -110 to 160°C.
The cooling retention chamber uses a natural effect of cold accumulation in the lowest point of confined space. The cryosauna chamber is an open cylinder, and the user is submerged into the low temperature gas only up to the shoulders. The patient’s head stays out of the cabin. A session in cryosauna starts with a final temperature, and there is no adaptation time.
By the end-user segment, the global cryochambers market is divided into hospitals, speciality clinics, and spas. Growing incidence of sport injuries, cancer, and cardiac conditions have resulted in patients opting for cryotherapy, which has led to the growth of the hospital segment. In addition to this, a rise in skin treatment, coupled with developing healthcare sector in the emerging countries, will increase the demand of cryochambers.
The rising trend of cryotherapy at spas and wellness centres will increase the demand for cryochambers. This therapy is gaining popularity due to its supposed beneficial effects on eczema, depression, anxiety, exercise recovery, and reduction in pain and inflammation.
Some Insights Offered in the Market Study:
- Technical advancements and new findings regarding the use of cryochamber therapy are expected to increase the demand for cryochambers.
- Increasing adoption of cryochamber by spas and wellness centres are driving the market growth
- Increasing sports injuries and skin related problems are propelling the use of cryochambers.
- Side effects and safety related issues regarding cryochambers may hamper its market growth.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has disrupted the production and distribution of cryochambers, which may result in slowdown in the market.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global cryochambers demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global cryochambers market.
The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global cryochambers market are also covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading cryochamber producers, along with their production capacities and growth strategies adopted by them.
- Classic cryochambers
- Cooling retention cryochamber
- Wellness centre
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Type
- North America, by End Users
- Western Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Western Europe
- Western Europe, by Type
- Western Europe, by End Users
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Type
- Asia Pacific, by End Users
- Eastern Europe, by Country
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Eastern Europe, by Type
- Eastern Europe, by End Users
- Middle East, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East
- Middle East, by Type
- Middle East, by End Users
Rest of the World
- Rest of the World, by Country
- Rest of the World, by Type
- Rest of the World, by End Users
Major companies - The report studies these major companies, which include Zimmer Medizinsysteme GmbH, kriosysteme, Metrum cryoflex fabryka, Air products and chemicals Inc, Novotech, Cryoaction ltd., Cryosense, and CRYO.
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate the market size for the cryochamber market and provide regional and global analysis.
- To identify major segments in the cryochamber market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the cryochamber market and provide major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of the cryochamber market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study offers customized reports to meet client specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]