The Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market is expected to grow from USD 441.9 Million in 2019, at a CAGR of 13.4% during the forecast period. Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) is an emerging fiber optic sensing technology. The technology's main adoption is in the oil & gas sector and is projected to steer the distributed acoustic sensing market during the forecast period.
Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market
The technology of distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) provides acoustic energy measurement along the length of an optical fiber cable. DAS technology provides a robust vertical monitoring solution such as military, oil & gas, infrastructure, and transport. For its detection specifications, DAS technology depends on an optical fiber and is thus independent of any electromagnetic interference and also has a long-range, rendering the technology highly helpful in hazardous settings. The performance and efficiency of DAS materials have significantly enhanced with the growth of the integrated optical fiber sensor technique.
Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market
The Oil & Gas Industry is the major end-user of acoustic sensing technology. Management of pipeline integrity is a significant application for the oil & gas industry. The technology offers long-range surveillance of the pipeline to prevent any leakage and also detects operations of third parties that could damage the pipelines. Oilfield services are technology's fast-growing applications. Other important technology applications are the monitoring of critical infrastructure sites, border surveillance and traffic monitoring. Global energy demand is expected to rise by 50% by the end of 2030, according to the International Energy Agency's forecast. There is an urgent need to tap new and unexplored fossil fuel resources due to such a high demand for energy. Currently, energy production and transportation are taking shape in extremely complicated circumstances such as soil instability, rising tectonic activity, ultra-deepwater operations, and having care not to adversely affect fisheries and terrestrial fauna, human intrusion hazards, etc. Besides, there is a need for real-time complex LNG assets control and high temperatures employed in steam enhanced heavy oil recovery methods. Furthermore, in steam-enhanced light petroleum retrieval techniques, there is a need for real-time, complicated LNG resources monitoring and elevated altitudes. Because of all these considerations, distributed acoustic sensing or fiber optic sensors have appeared as a flexible and cost-effective method for assessing the mechanical fitness of big constructions and performing effective harm assessments, both of which are compulsory in expanding the energy-efficient solutions.
The Middle East region is the biggest contributor to the distributed acoustic sensing market owing to the increasing application of acoustic sensors in the oil & gas industry. The Asia Pacific Market is growing at the highest rate with regards to distributed acoustic sensing market due to increasing exploration & refining activities across the region spurring the demand for acoustic sensors.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market:
- Increasing demand across the oil & gas industry.
- Decreasing oil prices around the world
- Increasing demand in high-temperature regions.
Key Developments in the Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market:
- In 2015, Halliburton completed the acquisition of the assets of the Opt phase, a provider of interferometry fiber optic sensing solutions, including distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) interrogation systems.
- In 2017, Scientists at the Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) have shown for the first time that dark fiber - the vast network of unused fiber-optic cables installed throughout the country and the world - can be used as sensors for detecting earthquakes, the presence of groundwater, changes in permafrost conditions, and a variety of other subsurface activity.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global distributed acoustic sensing market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with a potential impact on the distributed acoustic sensing market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the distributed acoustic sensing market.
By Fiber Type:
By End-Use Industry:
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Companies Covered: Major Companies profiled in the report which are key players in the global distributed acoustic sensing market are Halliburton Co., Schlumberger Limited, Omnisens SA, Baker Hughes, Inc., Fotech Solutions ltd., Silixa Ltd., Qintiq Group PLC, Future Fiber Technologies Ltd., Banweaver, and Hifi Enginnering Inc.
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global distributed acoustic sensing market on a regional and global basis.
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Profiling of major companies operating in the distributed acoustic sensing market with key developments.
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market.
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]