The Global eClinical Solutions Market was valued at USD 4.9 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2030.
Increasing research and development activities by pharma and biopharma companies is one of the major trends that is promoting the eClinical solutions market growth. The increasing integration of software solutions in clinical trials is estimated to augment the market. The growing trend of outsourcing clinical trials to contract research organizations and the increasing number of life sciences and contract research organizations are poised to assist the market and gain significant traction in the upcoming years. The rising number of research programs in Asian nations and the growth of economical modules are expected to increase the demand for eClinical solutions.
The existence of strict regulatory guidelines for clinical trials and increased demand for security monitoring are also playing a vital role in eClinical solutions adoption in emerged economies like the U.S. For Example, the U.S. Department of Healthcare and Human Services and the National Institutes of Health are securing clinical trial registration needs and encouraging clinical data sharing.
FIGURE 1: GLOBAL eCLINICAL SOLUTIONS MARKET
The growing need for software solutions for clinical trials by pharma and biopharma firms is one of the primary market growth drivers. Rising government grants to support trials and a growing end-user base for eClinical solutions are expected to have a positive impact on the market during the forecast period. With the increasing prevalence of digitization of healthcare and the Internet of Things (IoT), the amount of data being generated is huge and carries information that can be smoothly accessed with electronic data mining, which was earlier not possible with paper records. All these factors contribute to the eClinical solutions market growth.
The global eClinical solutions market has been segmented based on product, delivery mode, deployment phase, end-use industry, and region.
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL eCLINICAL SOLUTIONS MARKET SEGMENTATION
Global eClinical Solutions Market, by Product
Based on product, the market has been segmented into electronic clinical outcome assessment (eCOA), electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical data management system (CDMS), clinical data integration platforms, safety solutions, clinical trial management system (CTMS), randomization and trial supply management (RTSM), electronic trial master file systems, clinical analytics platforms. The electronic clinical outcome assessment (eCOA) segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period due to the increasing importance of high-quality clinical data.
eCOA accelerates the overall quality maintenance and is being increasingly integrated into the measurement of the clinician, observer, and patient-reported outcomes. Data recording procedure utilizing eCOA platforms enhance the quality of details recorded streamlines the data storing process and provides productive data analysis.
Global eClinical Solutions Market, by Delivery Mode
Based on delivery mode, the market has been segmented into web-hosted (on-demand), licensed enterprise (on-premise), and cloud-based. The web-hosted (on-demand) segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Several factors like cost reduction, user access, and quick data retrieval contribute to its leading market share.
Global eClinical Solutions Market, by Development Phase
Based on development phase, the market has been segmented into phase I, phase II, phase III, and phase IV. The Phase III segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. The increasing demand for clinical data management software to control overall costs and enhance process efficiency contribute to the segment growth.
Global eClinical Solutions Market, by End-Use Industry
Based on end-use industry, the market has been segmented into hospitals, CROs, academic institutes, pharma and biotech organizations, and medical device manufacturers. The pharma and biotech organizations segment is projected to increase at the highest CAGR in the eClinical solutions market.
Pharma/biopharma companies utilize software solutions during clinical trials to receive regulatory approvals for modern developed drugs. The application of eClinical solutions raises the clinical trials’ effectiveness and reduces the overall time and cost associated with drug development. These advantages have resulted in a rise in software technologies acquisition by pharma/biopharma companies for drug development.
Global eClinical Solutions Market, by Region
Based on region, the market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America. North America dominated the global eClinical solutions market in 2019. The increasing population, combined with the increasing prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases like cardiac disorders and diabetes, are expected to contribute to the market growth during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific market is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR. The growth can be attributed to the rising outsourcing of clinical trials by pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals organizations, emerging Asia-Pacific nations, development in government funding to assist clinical research, the existence of a large patient base, and quicker patient recruitment for clinical trials in the region.
FIGURE 3: GLOBAL eCLINICAL SOLUTIONS MARKET OVERVIEW (USD BILLION)
What does this Report Provide?
A detailed understanding of the global eClinical solutions market demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential market impact during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global eClinical solutions market.
The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the market have also been covered in the report. This report also includes the market share of the leading companies, their production capacities, and the growth strategies adopted.
Some Recent Developments in the Global eClinical Solutions Market
- November 2020- Signant Health acquired VirTrial, a leading service provider of software solutions for decentralized clinical trial conduct and remote site startup
- August 2020- GI Partners, a leading private investment firm, declared the adoption of clinical Ink, which was a service provider of clinical trial technology
- September 2016- Medidata (The U.S.) associated with SHYFT Analytics (The U.S.) for its healthcare data analytics solution to offer real-world evidence (RWE) data from electronic medical records (EMRs) and health claims to its consumers
- April 2016- PAREXEL entered into an association with EMC Corporation (The U.S.) to offer end-to-end Regulatory Content Management Solution and Regulatory Information Management (RIM)
- Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA)
- Electronic Data Capture (EDC)
- Clinical Data Management System (CDMS)
- Clinical Data Integration Platforms
- Safety Solutions
- Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS)
- Randomization and Trial Supply Management (RTSM)
- Electronic Trial Master File Systems
- Clinical Analytics Platforms
By Delivery Mode:
- Licensed Enterprise
By Development Phase:
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
- Phase IV
By End-Use Industry:
- Academic Institutes
- Pharma and Biotech Organizations
- Medical Device Manufacturers
North America eClinical Solutions Market
- North America, by Country
- The U.S.
- North America, by Product
- North America, by Delivery Mode
- North America, by Development Phase
- North America, by End-Use Industry
Europe eClinical Solutions Market
- Europe, by Country
- The U.K.
- The Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Product
- Europe, by Delivery Mode
- Europe, by Development Phase
- Europe, by End-Use Industry
Asia-Pacific eClinical Solutions Market
- Asia-Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Asia-Pacific, by Product
- Asia-Pacific, by Delivery Mode
- Asia-Pacific, by Development Phase
- Asia-Pacific, by End-Use Industry
Middle East and Africa eClinical Solutions Market
- Middle East and Africa, by Country
- The UAE
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- The Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Middle East and Africa, by Product
- Middle East and Africa, by Delivery Mode
- Middle East and Africa, by Development Phase
- Middle East and Africa, by End-Use Industry
South America eClinical Solutions Market
- South America, by Country
- The Rest of South America
- South America, by Product
- South America, by Delivery Mode
- South America, by Development Phase
- South America, by End-Use Industry
Major Companies: In this report, the following major companies are studied: IBM Watson Health, Oracle Corporation, Bioclinica, Medidata Solutions, Datatrak International, Inc., Parexel International, ERT, eClinical Solutions LLC., Omnicomm Systems, Bio-Optronics, Inc., Resonance Health Ltd., ICON plc., and ArisGlobal LLC.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for the global eClinical solutions market on a regional and global basis
- To identify major segments in the global eClinical solutions market and evaluate their market shares and demand
- To provide a competitive scenario for the global eClinical solutions market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of the global eClinical solutions market with their potential gravity during the forecast period
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for the mentioned applications
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client-specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: email@example.com