Electric vehicles are the innovations in the transportation history that mainly use one or several motors powered by fuel cell, battery, solar panels, or generators, which are installed in vehicles for propulsions. Many innovators from Hungry, Netherlands, and the U.S. tried the concept of battery-operated vehicles and succeeded to develop a concept small scale electric vehicle model in early 1800. But in 1890, William Morrison, who was by profession a chemist, developed an electric vehicle that was capable of carrying six persons and which attained a speed of 14 miles per hour. And from that time, the development of technologies, growing R&D expenditure, and increasing environment-related norms and regulations led to the development of electric vehicles that can be used for passenger and commercial purposes.
Electric vehicles are made with various parts and components, made mainly from composites, plastics, and other lightweight materials that can replace metal parts and components to reduce the weight of vehicles. As these vehicles are lightweight, they provide maximum fuel efficiency and pollution reduction (up to 45%) compared to conventional vehicles. Electric vehicle polymers are the type of polymers that are mainly used to manufacture various products and components used in electric vehicles. These polymers are mainly engineering plastics or elastomers that provide superior stiffness, thermal and mechanical stability, and durability, along with dimensional stability. Various interior and exterior parts and components such as dashboard, panel, bumper, wheelhouse, trim, powertrain, underhood components, door components, and roof components, among others, are made from polymers.
The global electric vehicle polymers market is valued at USD 3.78 Billion in 2020 and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 58.4% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. The major factors that will contribute to the growth of the market are increasing trend towards low pollution, environment-friendly cars and technological advancement in automotive engineering to produce lightweight vehicles that can meet the required environmental norms and standards.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global electric vehicle polymers demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global electric vehicle polymers market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global electrical vehicle polymers market have also been covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading companies operating in the electric vehicle polymers market along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Polymer Type:
- Engineering Plastics
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
By Vehicle Type
North America Electric Vehicle Polymers Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Polymer Type
- North America, by Component
- North America, by Vehicle Type
Europe Electric Vehicle Polymers Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Polymer Type
- Europe, by Component
- Europe, by Vehicle Type
Asia Pacific Electric Vehicle Polymers Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Polymer Type
- Asia Pacific, by Component
- Asia Pacific, by Vehicle Type
Middle East & Africa Electric Vehicle Polymers Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Polymer Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Component
- Middle East & Africa, by Vehicle Type
South America Electric Vehicle Polymers Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Polymer Type
- South America, by Component
- South America, by Vehicle Type
Major Companies: In this report, the following major companies are studied: Asahi Kasei, BASE SE, DowDupont, Celanese, SABIC, Solvay, Covestro, LANXESS, Evonik Industries, Mitusi Chemical, LG Chem, and others.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for the electric vehicle polymer market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the electric vehicle polymer market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the electric vehicle polymer market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of the electric vehicle polymer market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client specific country, polymer, components and vehicle type market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]