The Global Flocculants Market is projected to reach USD 953.5 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 3.1% during the forecast period.
According to the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) the definition of flocculation is "a process of contact and adhesion whereby the particles of dispersion form larger-size clusters". During flocculation, soft mixing accelerates particle collision frequency and further aggregates and enmeshes the destabilized particles into bigger precipitates. Several parameters affect flocculation, including mixing speeds, mixing intensity, and mixing time. The product of mixing intensity and blending time is used to define the processes of flocculation. Multivalent cations like calcium or magnesium are used as flocculants. It changes the particle arrangement in the glaze, making the particle attract each other and merge in bigger groups. Vinegar, gelatin and aluminum sulfate are a few examples of flocculants. These agents are used in multiple sectors, including chemical processing, food & beverage, oil & gas, and power generation. Flocculants selection relies on optimizing the performance cost ratio. The commercial flocculants are classified as mineral, synthetic and those derived from natural products. Increasing the number of waste water treatment projects on account of the scarcity of water resources is expected to drive the flocculants market for flocculants within the forecast period. They are the most commonly used water treatment chemicals. Stringent regulations on the use of chemicals in water treatment, however, may limit demand for flocculants market in the coming years. Furthermore, the most important application segment for flocculants is power generation. In the near future, the increasing demand for energy may increase the demand for flocculants market.
The flocculants market has been segmented by type and application. Based on type, the flocculants market is segmented into inorganic, synthetic and natural. Inorganic flocculants are sub-segmented into activated silica, colloidal clays such as bentonite and metallic hydroxides such as aluminum & ferric hydroxide. Synthetic flocculants are generally made from poly-acrylamides. Other important synthetic types include polyethylene-imines, polyamines, polyamides-amines, polyethylene-oxide, and sulfonated compounds. Flocculants obtained from products that occur naturally are divided into three sub-segments, including starch derivatives, whose demand has decreased in water treatment applications; however, they remain important in the paper & pulp industry. In the second sub-segment, polysaccharides are majorly used in an acidic medium. Flocculants derived from alginates are mainly used in water treatment. Vinegar, gelatin and aluminum sulfate are few common products available commercially.
Based on the application, the water treatment segment is expected to have a significant share in the flocculants market. The rising number of waste water treatment projects on account of the insufficiency of water resources is likely to drive the flocculants market during the forecast period. They generally used water treatment chemicals in various processes. Water being one of the key constituents of process industries and utility activities need to be recycled or treated before reuse or disposal. Growing regulations in this direction are also a key factors influencing the demand for flocculants market in recent years.
The Asia Pacific is expected to account for the highest share for flocculants market during the forecast period. The rising industrialization and population growth are seen as the main contributors to the growth of the flocculants market in the APAC region. The high growth in diverse industries such as metal & mineral mining, power generation, paper & pulp, and food and beverages has indirectly accelerated the demand for purified or processed water. This is expected to drive demand for flocculants market from various industries for water processing and utility activities during the forecast period. Countries such as India and China are anticipated to contribute considerably over the next four years for the development of the flocculants market in the region. In addition to this, increasing demand for clean and potable water is anticipated to enhance demand for flocculants market in the Asia Pacific region in the near future with growing demand from some of these economies.
Key Factors Impacting Market Growth:
- Increasing number of waste water treatment projects on account of scarcity of water resources
- High dependency on thermal power in developing regions to drive flocculants market
- Rapid industrialization in the Asia Pacific
- Stringent regulations on the use of chemicals in water treatment
Flocculants Market- Key Developments:
- In May 2019, Sanyo Chemical Industries Ltd. (Japan), signed a basic agreement with Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd. (Japan) to move ahead with the consideration toward the integration of their businesses based on an equal footing. The Companies will carry out detailed examinations and discussions concerning the Business Integration based on the spirit of mutual trust and equality, with the aim of concluding the final agreement on the Business Integration around December 2019.
- In May 2019, Kurita Water Industries Ltd. acquired outstanding shares of Avista Technologies Inc. (US) and Avista Technologies Ltd. (UK) which are engaged in sales and manufacturing of water treatment chemicals.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global flocculants market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with a potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the flocculants market.
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Qatar, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Major Companies Covered in Flocculants Market Report: Akzonobel Nv, Anhui Jucheng Fine Chemicals Co. Ltd., Ashland Inc, High Performance Product Engineering, Hubbard-Hall Inc., Jayem EngineersKemira Oyj, K-Tech Ltd., Severn Trent Services, Kurita Water Industries Ltd., 3F Chimica Americas, CRW Finishing Inc., Lonza Group, Orica Ltd., Raybon Chemicals And Allied Products, Sanyo Chemical Industries Ltd., Shandong Polymer Bio-Chemicals Co. Ltd.
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons To Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global flocculants market on a regional and global basis
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]