The Global Green Packaging Market is estimated to reach USD XX.X million in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX.X% during the forecast period. Green packaging, also known as sustainable packaging, is made from biodegradable, recyclable, and eco-friendly materials such as plant-based plastics, recycled paper and plastics, organic fabrics, or post-consumer products. These are manufactured to reduce the power output and diminish the greenhouse emissions they produce.
Increasing concern for environmental protection and investment in environment-friendly packaging are factors that drive the green packaging market. Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies and retailers are focused on improving the sustainability of their packaging and fundamentally rethinking their packaging systems.
Consumer awareness about sustainable growth and environment-friendly packaging demands for recyclable cardboard and paper packaging are capturing the current market. Factors that are driving the global green packaging market include growing demand for environment-friendly products, reduction in wastage, increasing product’s shelf life are the main factors which are contributing to the growth of green packaging market.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Global Green Packaging Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on individuals and businesses across the globe. Existing research shows that green packaging is still considered as serious as the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite changing shopping habits due to lockdown, consumers continue to prioritize green packaging and it continues to be an advantage, driving the market. Due to pandemic, consumers are demanding hygiene and safety in foods and they are also serious about the environmental pollution, and thus are becoming acutely aware of the packaging system. This is promoting the green packaging market to serve with better quality with reusable packaging.
TABLE 1: GLOBAL GREEN PACKAGING MARKET OVERALL SNAPSHOT
The global green packaging market report has been segmented by packaging type, materials, application, end-use industry, and region.
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL GREEN PACKAGING MARKET SEGMENTATION
Global Green Packaging Market, by Packaging Type
Based on packaging type, the market is segmented into recycled cardboard and paper, inflatable air pillows, mushroom packaging, corrugated bubble wrap, corn-starch packaging, poly bags, and others.
Among these, recycled carboard and paper holds the largest market share in 2021 and is expected to remain the largest during the forecast period. Cardboard and paper are 100% recyclable, minimize waste generation, and biodegradable. Thus, to minimize the environmental pollution most industries are opting for cardboard and paper packaging, contributing to segment growth.
In industrial sector, the cardboard box has been able to win the battle against wooden and plastic packaging, becoming protective. All these factors are increasing the uses of recycled carboard and paper-based packaging.
Global Green Packaging Market, by Materials
Based on the materials, the market is segmented into agricultural and mushroom waste, cardboard sheets, recycled paper and sand, bamboo fiber, and others.
Among these, cardboard sheets hold the largest market in 2021 and is expected to remain the largest during the forecast period. The segment growth is due to its role in converting our surroundings into an eco-friendly atmosphere, as it takes only few months to degrade. Cardboard sheets can be used multiple times without harming the natural resources and save energy. These factors are making cardboard sheets popular as most of the leading industries have already started to deliver their goods in recyclable cardboard sheets.
Global Green Packaging Market, by Application
Based on application, the market is segmented into preservation, protection, storage and transportation, convenience, shelf-life improvement, and others. The transportation and storage segment holds the largest market in 2021 and is expected to remain largest during the forecast period.
Transportation & storage plays an important role, whether it is green packaging or anything else. Almost every industry has started to deliver its products in recyclable green packaging made from natural sources. In logistics, implementation of green packaging for transport, storage, handling, packaging, processing, and distribution, etc. is done using green packaging materials due to consumer demands about environment protection. All these factors are expected to drive the segment growth during the forecast period.
Global Green Packaging Market, by End-Use Industry
Based on end-use industry, the market is segmented into food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, beauty and personal care, health and medicine, fashion, and others. Among these food and beverage segment holds the largest market share in 2021 and is expected to remain largest during the forecast period. These industries are the largest consumer of green packaging materials. Most food companies are transitioning to eco-friendly packaging to preserve the environment and meet consumer demands for environment protection. Food and beverage industries are playing an important role in the upliftment of the global green packaging market.
Global Green Packaging Market, by Region
Based on the region, the market is segmented into, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America. Among these, Europe holds the largest market share due to the use of environment-friendly packaging methods, which reduces pollution and wastage, while preserving natural resources and energy. Europe is the largest in the global green packaging market, supporting to make the environment sustainable and waste-free in the upcoming years. Most key players industries also took the initiative to convert the environment into a waste free by opting for recyclable materials for packaging purposes.
TABLE 2: GLOBAL GREEN PACKAGING MARKET OVERVIEW
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL GREEN PACKAGING MARKET (USD MILLION), 2021–2030
Recent Developments in the Global Green Packaging Market
- July 2021- Flipkart eliminated single-use plastic packaging from its supply chain. The e-commerce major has delivered plastic-free packaging in its supply chain on commitment from its public. It introduced eco-friendly paper shreds, replaced poly pouches with recycled paper bags, replaced bubble wraps with cartoon waste shredded material and others.
- April 2021- Amcor partnered with Nestle to bring sustainable packaging to shelves. The new packaging is made from sustainably sourced thermoformable paper which can be used across the smarties chocolate block and bar product range, which designed to be recyclable or reusable by 2025.
- March 2021- Armour collaborated with group of companies to produce Australia’s first soft plastic food wrapper with recycled materials, which is a fantastic outcome for the environment and our communities.
- December 2019- Tipa developed fully compostable flexible packaging for food and fashion. Sustainable packaging is made from plant-and fossil-based polymers which takes few months to decompose. This development would help in decreasing environmental pollution in the upcoming years by saving the natural resources and energy.
What Does this Report Provide?
A detailed understanding of the global green packaging market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global green packaging market have been covered in the report. This report further includes the market shares of the leading companies operating in the global market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Packaging Type
- Recycled Cardboard and Paper
- Inflatable Air Pillows
- Mushroom Packaging
- Corrugated Bubble Wrap
- Corn-Starch Packaging
- Poly Bags
- Agriculture and Mushroom Waste
- Cardboard Sheets
- Recycled Paper and Sand
- Bamboo Fiber
- Storage and Transportation
- Self-Life Protection
By End-Use Industry
- Food and Beverage
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Health and Medicine
North America Green Packaging Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Product Type
- North America, by Materials
- North America, by Application
- North America, by End-Use Industry
Europe Green Packaging Market
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Product Type
- Europe, by Materials
- Europe, by Application
- Europe, by End-Use Industry
Asia Pacific Green Packaging Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Product Type
- Asia Pacific, by Materials
- Asia Pacific, by Application
- Asia Pacific, by End-Use Industry
Middle East and Africa Green Packaging Market
- Middle East and Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Middle East and Africa, by Product Type
- Middle East and Africa, by Materials
- Middle East and Africa, by Application
- Middle East and Africa, by End-Use Industry
South America Green Packaging Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Product Type
- South America, by Materials
- South America, by Application
- South America, by End-Use Industry
Major Companies: In this report, the major companies studied are: Amcor PLC, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Mondi PLC, Sealed Air Corporation, Tetra Pak International S.A, Ardagh Group S.A, Bemis Company, Inc., Elopark Group, Uflex Limited, and Plastipak Holdings, Inc.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for the green packaging market on a regional and global basis
- To identify major segments in the green packaging market and evaluate their market shares and demand
- To provide a competitive scenario for the green packaging market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of green packaging market with their potential growth during the forecast period
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for the mentioned applications
Key Questioned Answered in the Study:
- What are major growth drivers and market trends that impacting on the global green packaging market?
- What the market size both in terms of value and volume for global green packaging market?
- Who are leading market players and who are the new market players that operate in the global green packaging market with an estimated market share?
- What are the future investment pockets and opportunity in the global green packaging market?
- Major list of customers and potential futuristic customer list along with an estimated buying volume
- Impact of COVID-19 on global green packaging market
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client-specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]