Herbicides Market Dynamics:
Herbicide which is a chemical agent is used to kill or inhibit the growth of unwanted plants, such as agricultural weeds and invasive species. Herbicides protect crops against weed attacks and support their growth. Developments of new herbicides were revolutionary as their high toxicity with specific applications such as effective weed control and non-selective applications has fuelled the global market. Some of the major factors that drive the herbicide market growth are- decrease in the number of laborers, the consequent rise in the cost of the laborers, growing food demand, and shortage of arable lands.
Regulations lead to a higher demand for bio-based herbicides. Major manufacturers invest in research and development activities to meet stringent regulations and improve the efficiency of herbicides.
Key Factors Impacting Market Growth:
- Development of new herbicides with specific applications.
- Changing trends in organic food products.
- June 2019, the Corteva Agriscience subsidiary of Dow DuPont acquired the Clearfield Canola Production System (“Clearfield canola”) in Canada and the U.S. from BASF. This acquisition helped strengthen its agriculture division.
- Apr 2019, Bayer Ag launches herbicide Provence Total. It could control narrow-leaf and broad-leaf weeds.
Based on the region, the global herbicide market has been segmented by North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, & Rest of the World. North America and Western Europe will continue to be leading consumers of herbicides till forecast year due to the early adoption of technology in the developed countries. In these regions, the use of herbicide is not limited to the agricultural field but is also used for weed management in lawns and forests.
In the Asia Pacific region rising demand for high productivity in agriculture, a rise in disposable income and an increase in population are the major factors driving the herbicide market. In that, China and India covered major herbicides market up to the forecast year.
Drexel Chemical, Bayer AG, BASF, Dow DuPont, Monsanto, Syngenta, FMC Corporation, Arysta, Nufarm Ltd., Nissan Chemical Industries, Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd, Nufarm Ltd and others.
By Crop Type:
By mode of operation:
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the herbicides market on a regional and global basis
- Unique research Usage for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]