The Life Science Instrumentation Market is projected to grow from USD XX billion in 2020 to USD XX billion in 2030 at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Global life science instrumentation market is growing due to technological developments, a rise in funding for life science research, and increasing food safety and security concerns. Market growth is driven largely by factors, such as rising research and development activities in the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industries.
Additionally, increasing expenditure on public & private funding for life science, growing, and rising incidence of target diseases & genetic disorders are propelling the market growth. Among the various technologies, the development of advanced sequencing platforms, increasing application areas of next-generation sequencing would have a high positive impact on the growth of the life science instrumentation market.
However, the lack of skilled professionals and the high cost of analytical instruments would hamper the growth of the global life science instrumentation market to some extent.
The global life science instrumentation market is segmented into three categories: By technology, application, end-user, and region.
Based on technology, the life science instrumentation market is segmented into spectroscopy, chromatography, PCR, immunoassays, lyophilization, liquid handling, clinical chemistry analyzers, microscopy, flow cytometry, next-generation sequencing (NGS), centrifuges, electrophoresis, cell counting, and other technologies.
The next-generation sequencing (NGS) segment is expected to grow at the highest due to the advantages offered by NGS technologies in DNA sequencing, which significantly provides more throughput and minimizes the need for fragment-cloning methods.
The spectroscopy segment dominated the global market because of the wide use of spectroscopic techniques in the analysis of molecules in clinical research. In addition, continuous technological advancements and the increasing availability of cheaper sequencing platforms are expected to fuel the growth of the life science instrumentation market.
Based on application, the life science instrumentation market is segmented into clinical, research, and others. The research application sector accounted for the largest share of the life science instrumentation application market.
The large share of the research applications segment can be attributed to evolving global regulatory scenarios for research data publication in analytical instruments-based researches, an increasing number of research studies.
The additional factors such as growing public-private funding in the field of genomic researches and the ongoing trend of laboratory automation & integration of robotics are also anticipated to drive the growth of the segment in the life science instrumentation market.
Growth is also attributed to the increase in focus of the pharmaceutical industry on quick and rapid drug development and an increase in demand for novel drugs for the treatment of rare diseases, which creates a need for high-performance analytical instruments and systems.
The clinical applications segment is expected to expand at a high rate due to the increase in the use of life science instrumentation in clinical diagnostic applications.
In terms of end-user, the global life science instrumentation market has been segmented into research institutes, diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and others.
The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment held the major share of the market due to the increased use of life science instrumentation in the manufacturing process of drugs in order to maintain the quality of the drug throughout the process.
Based on region, the life science instrumentation market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America dominated the global market owing to the increase in geriatric population, rise in prevalence of infectious diseases and lifestyle disorders, rich product pipeline, and technological advancements.
The Asia Pacific is one of the major revenue-generating regions in the life science instrumentation market. The strategic expansions by key market players in emerging Asian countries, the growing pharmaceutical industry in India & China, and conferences, exhibitions, & meetings on analytical instruments are driving growth in the region.
The growth of the segment is attributed to increasing R&D initiatives for the development of DNA sequencers for genetic applications and new product launches in the smaller DNA sequencers space by major players in the market.
Major players are expanding their product portfolios through mergers & acquisitions and partnerships & collaborations with leading pharmaceutical companies, which is expected to increase product availability.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- BD, Bruker
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- In 2019, Danaher Corporation (US) signed an agreement with GE Healthcare (US). Under the agreement terms, Danaher will acquire the biopharma business of GE Healthcare.
- In 2019, Shimadzu Corporation (Japan), come into an arrangement with Earle A. Chiles Research Institute (Providence), (US). The contract will concentrate on the application of mass spectrometry technology to change tools for personalized cancer immunotherapeutics.
- Flow Cytometry
By End User:
- Agri and Food Industry,
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Labs
North America Life Science Instrumentation Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Application
- North America, by Technology
- North America, by End User
Europe Life Science Instrumentation Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Application
- Europe, by Technology
- Europe, by End User
Asia Pacific Life Science Instrumentation Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Application
- Asia Pacific, by Technology
- Asia Pacific, by End User
Middle East & Africa Life Science Instrumentation Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Application
- Middle East & Africa, by Technology
- Middle East & Africa, by End User
South America Life Science Instrumentation Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Application
- South America, by Technology
- South America, by End User
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for Life Science Instrumentation market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in Life Science Instrumentation market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the Life Science Instrumentation market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of Life Science Instrumentation market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Provides niche insights for decision about every possible segment helping in strategic decision making process.
- Market size estimation of the Life Science Instrumentation market on a regional and global basis.
- A unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Identification of major companies operating in the market with related developments
- Exhaustive scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the Life Science Instrumentation
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]