The Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market has been valued at USD 4.1 million in 2021 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period. Limb/leg lengthening is a surgical procedure, which involves regenerating new bones. The procedure uses body’s internal soft tissues, ligaments, blood vessels, and nerves around the bone to support it. The procedure is categorized under orthopedic surgery, and it includes cosmetic lengthening.
Increased focus on physical appearance and aesthetics due to the growth of the cosmetics industry has increased the number of people opting for cosmetic surgeries around the world. Changing perception about looks and beauty influenced by movies and social media is another reason for a growing number of people seeking cosmetic surgeries. Further, technological advancements in medicine have enabled surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgeries, which are quick and have a fast recovery.
Improvement in medical science and lower chances of risks have resulted in the growth of ambulatory centers and specialty care centers. Advancements in the healthcare sector have resulted in improved healthcare solutions, thereby driving market growth. The increasing number of people seeking cosmetic intervention for limb/leg lengthening surgery can be mainly attributed to advances in surgery.
Affordable healthcare and the availability of well-trained doctors and healthcare professionals have led to the growth of the healthcare industry in developing nations like India, Malaysia, and Singapore, which is drawing patients from developed countries. Increasing medical tourism, particularly in India, offers innovative healthcare solutions at affordable prices. This is a lucrative opportunity for the market. Limb/leg lengthening surgery is mostly unregulated surgery in India, which means that licensed medical practitioners perform it at a large scale without additional government restrictions on various parameters for performing the surgery.
The first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic had a major influence on surgical care. Due to the reduction in bed and operating room capabilities, urgent and semi-elective surgical operations were delayed significantly. With the emergence of COVID-19 vaccines, healthcare systems have started to recover from the impact of the pandemic leading to opportunities for ambulatory facilities and clinics, which has reduced the exposure of patients to COVID with a minimal duration of hospitalization. This offers potential scope for market growth during the forecast period.
TABLE 1: GLOBAL LIMB/LEG LENGTHENING SURGERY MARKET OVERALL SNAPSHOT
The global limb/leg lengthening surgery market is segmented based on procedure, end user, and region.
FIGURE 1: GLOBAL LIMB/LEG LENGTHENING SURGERY MARKET SEGMENTATION
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market, by Procedure
Based on the procedure, the market for limb/leg lengthening surgery is divided into lengthening over nail, prostheses, and external fixation. The lengthening over nail procedure segment is expected to grow at a healthy pace during the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to new treatment options developed for lower-limb length discrepancies. These new options have decreased the incidence and severity of complications in bone lengthening. The purpose of bone length regeneration is to equalize the length of a person's limbs. This helps in enhancing both cosmetic and functional appearance, which is driving the growth of the segment.
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market, by End User
Based on the end user, the market for limb/leg lengthening surgery is divided into ambulatory surgical centers, specialty clinics, and others. The ambulatory surgical centers segment has captured the largest market share in 2021, and it is anticipated to remain the largest segment during the forecast period till 2030. The number of outpatients has increased significantly owing to growing public health awareness and government initiatives to provide ambulatory healthcare services. Rising aging population, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, a surge in healthcare costs, and technological advancements have led to the growth of ambulatory surgical centers. These centers offer advanced surgery with a reduced duration of hospitalization, which is driving the segment’s growth.
The specialty clinics segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. Specialty clinics are emerging out of the general hospitals to address niche specialties. Although the share of specialty clinics is small, it is growing rapidly. The demand for healthcare services has opened up significant scope for new opportunities for the market to deliver affordable healthcare services to the rural population in developing countries.
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market, by Region
Based on regions, the global limb/leg lengthening surgery market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America. The Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. The growth of this regional market can be attributed to an increase in the number of hospitals and growth of medical tourism due to growing population. Increasing number of people opting for cosmetic surgery has resulted in people seeking new surgery options. Growing focus on healthcare and developing healthcare infrastructure in China, Japan, India, and South Korea is expected to drive the regional market.
North America is expected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period. The growth can be due to increasing number of surgical centers in the region. Furthermore, the presence of a well-established healthcare infrastructure, along with high rate of cosmetic surgeries, is expected to drive the regional market. Integration of technology has led to advances in medicine resulting in improved treatment, which is also expected to benefit the market.
TABLE 2: GLOBAL LIMB/LEG LENGTHENING SURGERY MARKET OVERVIEW
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL LIMB/LEG LENGTHENING SURGERY MARKET (USD MILLION), 2021-2030
Recent Developments in the Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market
- March, 2021- Blue Ocean Spine GmbH (BOS) announced acquisition of PROLIXO, a German company developing a new limb lengthening technology to solve the deficits of current lengthening devices.
- February, 2021- Orthofix Medical OFIX recently launched FITBONE intramedullary lengthening system in the U.S. and Europe. This latest development is expected to help the company expand globally in extremities business. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the FITBONE intramedullary lengthening system, and it has secured a CE (European Conformity) Mark in European countries. The new product will offer treatment choices for deformity correction and limb lengthening.
- September, 2020- NuVasive, Inc. announced the limited availability of the new Precice Plate for use in limb lengthening and reconstruction procedures from NuVasive Specialized Orthopedics (NSO). The Precice Plate extends the clinical benefits of an all-internal limb lengthening solution to pediatrics or patients with small anatomy that cannot accommodate a lengthening device that is traditionally implanted within the patient's bone.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global limb/leg lengthening surgery market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global limb/leg lengthening surgery market have been covered in the report. This report further includes the market shares of the leading companies operating in the global market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
- Lengthening Over Nail
- External Fixation
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
North America Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market
- North America, by Country
- North America by Procedure
- North America by End User
Europe Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market
- Europe, by Country
- Rest of Europe
- Europe by Procedure
- Europe by End User
Asia Pacific Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific by Procedure
- Asia Pacific by End User
Middle East and Africa Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market
- Middle East and Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Middle East and Africa by Procedure
- Middle East and Africa by End User
South America Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America by Procedure
- South America by End User
Major Companies: The major companies operating in global limb/leg lengthening market are Orthofix Medical Inc., Cosmetic Limb Lengthening - Betz Institute, NuVasive, Inc., Sky Surgicals, and Others.
Objectives of This Report:
- To estimate the market size for the limb/leg lengthening surgery market on a regional and global basis
- To identify major segments in the limb/leg lengthening surgery market and evaluate their market shares and demand
- To provide a competitive scenario for the limb/leg lengthening surgery market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of limb/leg lengthening surgery market with their potential gravity during the forecast period
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for the mentioned applications`
Key Questioned Answered in the Study:
- What are major growth drivers and market trends that are affecting the global limb/leg lengthening surgery market?
- What is the market size in terms of both value and volume for the global limb/leg lengthening surgery market?
- Who are the leading market players and who are the new market players that operate in the global limb/leg lengthening surgery market with an estimated market share?
- What are the future investment pockets and opportunity in the global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market?
- Major list of customers and potential futuristic customer list along with an estimated buying volume.
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market?
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client-specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]