The Global Matting Agents Market is projected to reach USD 1,017.6 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period.
Matting Agents Market
Matting effect is a property that depends upon the intensity of the light reflection and a subjective impression identified by our senses. Matting effect relies on the shape of the matting agent & particle size and most efficient formulators, such as waxes and silica depend on the desired effect and paint application. To achieve low-gloss coating matte finishes are produced and are more cost-effective. The matte aspect of paint similarly depends on the formulation of its Pigment Volume Concentration (PVC), which is raised to lower the glossiness. Matting agents used in coatings offer temperature and corrosion resistance and increase antiglare properties in end products. Matting agent manufacturers are more focused on reducing the organic solvent content from paint and coating formulations, owing to rising environmental concerns and to match the particle with dry film thickness. The major factors propelling the matting agents market are the growing awareness and popularity of matte finishing in developed and emerging nations. Also, the growing construction industry is projected to drive the global matting agents market during the forecast period.
The growing construction industry and automotive manufacturing across various regions are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. In addition, it is estimated that environmentally friendly characteristics and increasing popularity among customers to embrace matte finish products contribute to the development of matting agents in the same time frame. Moreover, rapid urbanization, the growing coating industry, and rising disposable incomes are some of the driving factors fueling the growth of the global matting agents market over the next decade. High VOC emissions in solvent-based technology and greater film shrinkage times are the factors anticipated during the forecast period to hamper the development of the worldwide matting agents market. Furthermore, lack of the evaporation process and the presence of high solid coarse particles are further projected to hinder the growth of the matting agents market over the forecast period. Moreover, the reduced rate of cure and inconsistency in action are also factors expected to restrict the development of the global matting agents market.
Matting Agents Market
Matting agents market based on material is segmented into silica, waxes, thermoplastics, and others. Silica is most popular owing to its higher efficiency and it helps to increase the viscosity of the formulation.
Based on technology, water-based is mostly used technology in the coatings industry. Water-based matting agents are used for many applications such as wood coatings, architectural coatings, plastic coatings, and other industrial coatings. The stringent government mandate about VOC emission in the case of the solvent base has shifted preference to water-based technology.
The architectural application segment is expected to hold the most significant share of the matting agents market during the forecast period. Matting agents used in architectural coatings increases corrosion and temperature resistance and antiglare properties in end products. Also, it is used for interior and exterior walls residential, industrial, commercial and institutional buildings.
The Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market of matting agents in terms of value. This growth can be ascribed in nations such as Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam to the quickly growing consumption of matting agents in architectural coatings. Growing awareness of the benefits of antiglare properties on the surfaces of coatings is expected to further benefit the growth of the matting agents market over the next five years in the Asia-Pacific region. Rising disposable income in these countries is also expected to play a key role in driving the market in the decorative paints market. North America is also expected to have a significant share in the global matting agents market, owing to the matured coating industry and high popularity for matte surfaces in the region.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Matting Agents Market:
- Growing awareness and popularity of matte finishing in developed and emerging nations.
- Growing construction industry and automotive manufacturing.
- Rapid urbanization and rising disposable incomes in emerging nations.
- High VOC emissions in solvent-based technology and greater film shrinkage times.
- Lack of the evaporation process and presence of high solid coarse particles.
Key Developments in the Matting Agents Market:
- In November 2017, Axalta Coating Systems (US) completed its acquisition of The Valspar Corporation’s North American Industrial Wood Coatings business.
- In November 2018, after a construction period of 9 months, Deutron GmbH (Germany) completed the construction of a new production hall. About 1400 m² new space was created for the expansion of their production with a focus on the production and refinement of our powdered products.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global matting agents market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with a potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the matting agents market.
- Radiation Cure & High Solids
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Qatar, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Companies Covered: Evonik Industries, Deutron GmbH, PT Darisa Intimitra, PPG Industries, Lorama Group Inc., Axalta Coating Systems, Jinsha Precipitated Silica Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Huntsman Corporation, Quantum Silicones LLC, Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd., Imerys Minerals Ltd., J.M. Huber, W.R. Grace, BYK additives & instruments, and Arkema.
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global matting agents market on a regional and global basis.
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Profiling of major companies operating in the matting agents market with key developments.
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market.
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]