Cancer is a chronic disease caused by changes or mutations in the genetic material (DNA). Tumors form when abnormal cells starts growing out of control to form a mass. Cancer is categorized into two forms -blood cancers and solid tumors. Major classes of cancers are carcinomas, sarcomas, lymphomas, and leukemias. Carcinomas starts in the skin or in tissues covering glands or major organs. Major subtypes are adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
Lymphomas begins in the lymphatic system, a system of glands and vessels that carries lymph and white blood cells. On the other hand, leukemia is the cancer of blood-forming tissues such as bone marrow. Sarcomas develops in the connective tissues such as muscle or bones. However, soft-tissue sarcomas can begin in fatty tissues.
Treatment of cancer depends upon its stage. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy are preferred in the early stage of the disease. Some other treatment alternatives such as immunotherapy and gene therapy can also be used in the treatment of cancer. Rising cases of cancer have created many lucrative opportunities for the key market players.
As per the National Cancer Institute, in 2018, around 1,735,350 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the United States of America. Compared to the past 5 years, 57 newly launched oncology therapeutics received approval for 89 indications recently. Some of these drugs can treat multiple tumor types.
The global oncology market is valued at USD 100.0 billion in 2020 and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. Increasing incidence of cancer, rising geriatric population, and growing healthcare expenditure are some key factors, which are fueling the growth of this market.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global oncology demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global oncology market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global oncology market have also been covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading companies operating in the oncology market, along with their drug class ion capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Drug Class
- Hormonal Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Bladder Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
By End User
By Distribution Channel
North America Oncology Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Drug Class
- North America, by Indication
- North America, by End User
- North America, by Distribution Channel
Europe Oncology Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Drug Class
- Europe, by Indication
- Europe, by End User
- Europe, by Distribution Channel
Asia Pacific Oncology Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Drug Class
- Asia Pacific, by Indication
- Asia Pacific, by End User
- Asia Pacific, by Application
- Asia Pacific, by Distribution Channel
Middle East & Africa Oncology Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Drug Class
- Middle East & Africa, by Indication
- Middle East & Africa, by End User
- Middle East & Africa, by Distribution Channel
South America Oncology Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Drug Class
- South America, by Indication
- South America, by End User
- South America, by Distribution Channel
Major Companies: AbbVie Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Astellas Pharma Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Celgene Corporation, f. Hoffmann-La Roche ltd., Merck & Co., Inc., Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Global Services, LLC,), Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, and others.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for the oncology market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the oncology market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the oncology market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of the oncology market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client specific country, drug class, indication, end-user, distribution channel market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Drug class specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]