Opioids are natural or synthetic chemicals that interact with opioid receptors on the nerve cells in the body and brain and reduce feeling of pain. They are a class of drugs that include prescription pain relievers, synthetic opioids and heroin. Prescription opioids are meant to be used to treat acute pain such as recovering from injury or post surgery, chronic pain, active phase cancer treatment, palliative care and end of life care. Many people rely on prescription opioids to help manage their conditions under the care of a physician. Opioid reduce the perception of pain, but can also cause drowsiness, mental confusion, euphoria, nausea and constipation. At high doses they can depress respiration. Prescription pain relievers include oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, morphine, and others. Synthetic opioids such as fentanyl, methadone, pethidine, tramadol. Opioids produce high level of positive reinforcement, increasing the odds that people will continue using them despite negative resulting consequences. Opioid use disorder is a chronic life long disorder, with serious potential consequences including disability, relapses, and death. Opioid use disorders cause symptoms such as taking larger amounts or taking drugs over a longer period than intended, persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control opioid use. The prevalence of opioid use and dependency varies by age and gender, men are more likely to use opioids, become dependent on various opioids and they account for the majority of opioid related overdoses. Women have prescribed opioids more often than men for analgesia. Deaths due to opioid use tends to skew at older age people with overdose from opioids highest among individuals between the ages of 40 and 50. Yet, heroin overdose peak between the ages of 20 and 30. Patients diagnosed with an opioid use disorder who encounter legal problems related to their drug use is more likely in persons with previous criminal records and high impulsivity. Effective treatment are available, however only about one in four people with opioid use disorder receive speciality treatment. Medication assisted treatment is an effective treatment for individuals with an option use disorder. It involves use of medication along with counselling and behavioural therapies. Brain chemistry may contribute to an individual’s mental illness as well as to their treatment. Medications are also used to relieve cravings, relieve withdrawal symptoms and block the euphoric effects of opioids. Medications commonly used to treat opioid addiction methadone, buprenorphine, naltrexone. Methadone prevents withdrawal and reduce cravings in people addicted to opioids. Buprenorphine blocks the effects of other opioids, reduce or eliminates withdrawal symptoms and reduces cravings. Naltrexone prevents the feeling of euphoria.
Rising cases of opioid use disorder is due to the commercialisation of few drugs that are approved for treatment. The commercialisation of this drugs is the major factor for the opioid use disorder market growth. Increasing overdose of different drugs among the young and adults rising the patients of opioid use disorders may fuel it’s market growth. In addition to rising prevalence of various chronic diseases increasing the use of opioids.
Some impact factors:
- The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases with a rising population has increased the use of opioids.
- Commercialization of new drugs is the main driving factor of the market
- Addictiveness of opioid is responsible for the rising use of it.
- The government and many social organizations are spreading awareness regarding the treatment of opioid use disorders.
- Due to the pandemic situation of COVID 19 isolation has encouraged, due to this individual who use opioids are at greater risk, without any counseling services there may an increase in overdose death.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global Opioid use disorder demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact in the market during the forecast period and in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global Opioid use disorder market. The major market drivers, challenges and opportunities for global Opioid use disorder market are also covered in the market. This report also includes the market share of the leading Opioid use disorder producers along with their production capacities and growth strategies adopted by the them.
North America Opioid use disorder Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Drug,
Europe Opioid use disorder Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Drug,
Asia Pacific Opioid use disorder Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Drug,
Middle East & Africa Opioid use disorder Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Drug,
South America Opioid use disorder Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Drug,
Major Companies: In this report we have studied this major companies Titan Pharmaceuticals, Hikma Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceuticals, MediciNova, Orexo, Camurus, and Omeros.
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for Opioid use disorder market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in Opioid use disorder market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the Opioid use disorder market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of Opioid use disorder market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]