The Global Optically Clear Adhesive Market is expected to grow from USD 1.68 Billion in 2019 to USD 3.12 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period.
Optically Clear Adhesive Market
Optically Clear Adhesive (OCA) is a liquid-based adhesion technology that is used in contact screens and screen equipment to interface the lens, plastic or other optical materials to or between the central sensor unit. These adhesives enhance the optical and durability attributes. Optical bonding is used in a broad spectrum of electronic equipment, particularly those with touch screens, including LOCA and non-liquid OCA microfilm. The adhesive bonds the touch panel to the primary screen of liquid crystal and binds to the touch panel any safety protection such as the lens. The adhesive is cured onto the device after application by means of ultraviolet light (UV), heat, moisture, or a combination depending on the manufacturer and specifications. Major applications are capacitive commercial screens, 3D TV (3D TV) and glass retardants. Optical bonding enhances display optical efficiency. It eliminates the air gap between the cover glass and the LCD and usually includes an anti-reflective (A / R) coating (as well as cover glass anti-smudge and anti-glare treatments). By limiting the number of reflected rays, optical bonding enhances the contrast ratio, thus improving viewability.
The electronics industry is the primary end-user in the optically clear adhesive market. OCA is mainly used in applications for displays and touch screens. As mobile devices, televisions, tablets, phones, and laptops migrate to touch screens, applications are anticipated to improve. The mobile phone segment dominated the global optically clear adhesive market based on the application. This is attributed to a coherent technological transition that resulted in the invention of extremely sophisticated smartphones with upgraded displays resulting in a sizable demand for audiotapes of optical adhesives. However, owing to the increased use of displays in driver assistance, the automotive application sector is projected to develop at the highest pace in the optically clear adhesive market during the forecast period.
Optically Clear Adhesive Market
Due to the strong bonding strength properties and powerful structural adhesive properties of acrylic, the acrylic segment dominated the optically clear adhesive market in 2017, making it ideal for use in display devices to improve display characteristics and enhance its durability. Due to the conductive behavior of silicone adhesives in the display application, the silicon adhesives segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific accounts for major share in the global optically clear adhesive market, due to factors such as growth in major economies across the region, increase in disposable income of the middle-class population, consistent technological development, and rapid industrialization. Moreover, with 454.4 million smartphone units (as per GFK point of sale) and more than 32 million automotive units (as per OICA), China was the most promising country and the largest consumer as well as smartphone and automotive manufacturer in 2017 in the optically clear adhesive market. In conjunction with this, India's sale of LCD monitors and smartphones is showing is rapid growth as a result of rising middle-class income. Therefore, the increase in the number of young entrepreneurs has sparked India's revenues of luxury vehicles, which has led to economic development.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Optically Clear Adhesive Market:
- Increasing the use of optically clear adhesives in the electronics industry.
- Increasing demand for OCA in the automotive industry especially in the electronic vehicle segment.
- Development of non-toxic, non-corrosive adhesives.
Key Developments in the Optically Clear Adhesive Market:
- In 2015, Henkel AG expanded its line of silicone Loctite®liquid optically clear adhesives (LOCAs) to include patented formulations that reportedly fixture in less than 2 seconds, require 3-10 times less energy to cure than traditional one-part silicone LOCAs, and are compatible with either 365 or 405 nm LED light sources. Specifically designed for direct bonding cover lenses or touch panel sensors to LCDs, the newest silicone LOCAs can offer increased cure speeds and highly advanced optical properties after RA testing.
- In 2019, scientists are developing a prototype transfer label construction that includes an optically clear curable pressure-sensitive adhesive layer, a curable epoxy layer, and a transparent carrier layer has been developed. This transfer label construction is particularly useful for protective coatings in color filters for use in a liquid-crystal display panel structure. The curable epoxy and the curable pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) are applied to the color filter and then exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation. The radiation transforms the PSA from a removable adhesive to a permanent adhesive.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global optically clear adhesive market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with a potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the optically clear adhesive market.
By Resin Type:
By End-Use Industry:
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Companies Covered: Major Companies profiled in the report which are key players in the global optically clear adhesive market include Henkel AG & Company, The 3M Company, Tesa SE, Dow Corning, Nitto Denko Corporation, Lintec Corporation, Saint-Gobain SA, Dymax Corporation, Hitachi chemical, DELO Industrial Adhesives LLC, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Cyberbond LLC, Toray Industries, Scapa, Master Bond Inc., Adhesives Research Inc., and Norland Products Incorporated.
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global optically clear adhesive market on a regional and global basis.
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Profiling of major companies operating in the optically clear adhesive market with key developments.
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market.
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]