The Global Orthopedic Soft Tissue Surgical Repairs Market with the COVID-19 impact was valued at USD 14.9 million in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. However, without the COVID-19 impact, the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market is estimated to reach USD 26.4 million in 2028.
Orthopedic surgery on the musculoskeletal system is executed mainly on bones, ligaments, cartilage, joints, tendons, nerves, and connective tissues. Orthopedic surgeries fall into two general categories— musculoskeletal element repair and reconstruction surgeries, and surgeries to replace parts of the system, most notably joints.
A musculoskeletal problem in any body part can have a huge impact on day-to-day activities. A common treatment for many orthopedic injuries and conditions is the reconstruction and repair of the injured body parts with surgery. Orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs can address and correct problems that occur at birth, through injury, or because of aging. It can be executed under general and local anesthetics, depending on the type of surgery.
Sports-related injuries are the most ordinary cause that leads to muscle damage. During sports or physical activity, athletes tend to have their anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) damaged. Athletes engaging in soccer or baseball games are more prone to such injuries. As a result, the growing number of sport-related injuries is projected to contribute to the demand for orthopedic surgeries. The meniscal tear is generally an injury related to the connective tissue, frequently occurring among young people.
FIGURE 1: GLOBAL ORTHOPEDIC SOFT TISSUE SURGICAL REPAIRS MARKET
The increasing number of sports and road injuries, growth in healthcare expenditures worldwide, and the adoption of modern medical technologies are the significant factors that are expected to drive the global orthopedic soft tissue repair market. However, the lack of awareness among individuals about orthopedic soft tissue repair, rising surgical procedure costs, and minimal reimbursements by orthopedic sports-based injury insurers can hinder the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market.
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL ORTHOPEDIC SOFT TISSUE SURGICAL REPAIRS MARKET SEGMENTATION
Global Orthopedic Soft tissue Surgical Repairs Market, By Product
Based on product, the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical market is segmented into laparoscopic instruments, fixation products, tissue patch/mesh, and synthetic tissue patch/mesh. The laparoscopic instruments segment is expected to hold the largest market share in the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market during the forecast period.
Laparoscopic instruments are comprised of durable materials and are made of high-quality stainless steel. All instruments have an extremely narrow shaft so that laparoscopic ports can fit within them. Measurements size ranges from 3 mm, 5mm, and 10 mm. Several tips are accessible for operating the tissue and controlling styles and allow ergonomic capabilities to rotate, grip, and lock accurately.
Global Orthopedic Soft tissue Surgical Repairs Market, By Procedure
Based on procedures, the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical market is segmented into rotator cuff repair procedures, epicondylitis repair procedures, gluteal tendon repair procedures, Achilles tendinosis repair procedures, and other repair procedures. The cruciate ligaments repair segment is projected to account for the largest market share.
The cruciate ligament repair has excessive applicability in a connective tissue knee injury. ACL reconstruction is a surgery that requires reconstruction of the ligament at the center of one’s knee with a graft. Cruciate ligaments repair is the fastest-growing segment owing to its frequent use for treating athletes highly affected by ACL injuries due to sports activities.
Global Orthopedic Soft tissue Surgical Repairs Market, By Injury Location
Based on injury location, the global market is segmented into hip injury location, knee injury location, shoulder injury location, and other. The hip segment is expected to account for the largest market share. The tissue injury at any location can be repaired utilizing orthopedic soft tissue repair devices. A soft tissue injury mainly arises from stress, sprain, and constant utilization of a specific part of the body and result in swelling, bruising, and loss of function of a particular body part.
Global Orthopedic Soft tissue Surgical Repairs Market, By Region
Based on region, the global market has been segmented as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America is expected to hold the highest market share. The growth of this regional market can be attributed to the presence of key market players, well-established infrastructure, and government initiatives. The growing incidence of musculoskeletal injury and increasing awareness about the accessibility of various treatment solutions are contributing to market growth. The rising geriatric population is also expected to contribute towards increasing market demand during the forecast period.
FIGURE 3: GLOBAL ORTHOPEDIC SOFT TISSUE SURGICAL REPAIRS MARKET (USD MILLION), PRE-COVID, AND POST-COVID MARKET ESTIMATION FORECAST 2020–2028.
Recent Developments in the Global Orthopedic Soft Tissue Surgical Repairs Market
- April 2019 - In2Bones declared CLearGuide LE Soft tissue release function, primarily created for orthopedic and pediatric surgeons for rectifying foot conditions. It rectifies several soft tissue releases of reduced body extremities like a tarsal tunnel, Morton’s neuroma, gastrocnemius, and plantar fascia. This launch has increased the company’s market share.
- In May 2017 - Integra Lifesciences Corporation declared SurgiMend MP Collagen Matrix, a technical solution for complicated hernia repair. It has an enormous macroporous design that accelerates fluid drainage.
What does this Report Provide?
A detailed understanding of the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical repair demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential market impact during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market.
The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market have also been covered. This report further includes the market share of the leading companies operating in the global orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
- Laparoscopic Instruments
- Fixation Products
- Interference Screws
- Suture Anchors
- Other Fixation Products
- Tissue Patch/Mesh
- Biological Tissue Patch/Mesh
- Biological Allograft Tissue Patch/Mesh
- Biological Xenograft Tissue Patch/Mesh
- Synthetic Tissue Patch/Mesh
- Cruciate Ligaments Repair Procedures
- Rotator Cuff Repair Procedures
- Epicondylitis Repair Procedures
- Gluteal Tendon Repair Procedures
- Achilles Tendinosis Repair Procedures
- Other Repair Procedures
By Injury Location
- Hip Injury Location
- Knee Injury Location
- Shoulder Injury location
- Other Injury Location
North America Orthopedic Soft Tissue Surgical Repairs Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Product
- North America, by Procedures
- North America, by Injury Location
Europe Orthopedic Soft Tissue Surgical Repairs Market
- The U.K.
- The Netherlands
- The Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Product
- Europe, by Procedures
- Europe, by Injury Location
Asia-Pacific Orthopedic Soft Tissue Surgical Repairs Market
- South Korea
- The Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Asia-Pacific, by Product
- Asia-Pacific, by Procedures
- Asia-Pacific, by Injury Location
The Middle East and Africa Orthopedic Soft Tissue Surgical Repairs Market
- The Middle East and Africa, by Country
- The UAE
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- The Rest of Middle East and Africa
- The Middle East and Africa, by Product
- The Middle East and Africa, by Procedures
- The Middle East and Africa, by Injury Location
South America Orthopedic Soft Tissue Surgical Repairs Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Product
- South America, by Procedures
- South America, by Injury Location
Major Companies: In this report, the following major companies are studied: Smith and Nephew PLC, Stryker Corporation, Tissue Regenix Group Plc., Arthrex, Inc., Medtronic Plc., Artelon, Colfax Corporation, Mathys Ltd. Bettlach, Corin Group, Conmed Corporation, Wright Medical N.V., Johnson and Johnson, Allosource, RTI Surgical, Inc., and Fuse Medical Inc.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market size on a regional and global basis
- To identify major segments in the orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market and evaluate their market shares and demand
- To provide a competitive scenario for the orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of the orthopedic soft tissue surgical repairs market with their potential gravity during the forecast period
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for mentioned applications
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client-specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: sale[email protected]