Global Pay TV Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 1.69% and reach at USD 281.79 billion during the forecast period. Pay TV stands for the subscription based television or premium television services, provided by multichannel television providers, but also increasingly via digital terrestrial, and streaming television or via digital terrestrial, and streaming television.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Pay TV Market:
- Growing demand for linear television services and Video-on-Demand (VoD) anywhere and anytime
- High demand amongst users to experience high-quality viewing experiences
- Higher penetration of flat panel displays and growing demand for UHD and 4K services
- Integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to monitor the user preference
- Integration of Over-The-Top (OTT) media to provide better-customized suggestions
The increasing demand for interactive experiences by accessing entertainment via their smart TVs or set-top-boxes is expected to offer promising growth opportunities in the market growth during the forecast period. However, issues related to working in harsh environmental conditions and proliferating digitalization in developing and underdeveloped regions is expected to obstruct the adoption of pay TV during the forecast period.
The pay TV market segmentation is based on technology, and region.
Based on Technology the global pay TV market is divided into Cable TV, Satellite TV, and internet protocol TV (IPTV). The growth in the demand for cable TV along with the high demand amongst customers to access and experience unbundled packages, to access newer networks and receive the bonus features and increased number of households demanding cable TV is expected to maintain its dominance in the global market through the forecast period.
The regional analysis of global pay TV market includes segmentation by North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, & Rest of the World. North America region with fast penetration of internet-enabled mediums and the introduction of OTT platforms, increasing number of instances of cord-cutting is urging service providers and increasing advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to monitor the user preference, held the largest market chunk in 2019, and expected to maintain its dominance in global pay TV market through the forecast period.
However, factors like increasing adoption rate of online subscription business model amongst users and increasing government initiatives to regulate the pay tv provider companies to allow users to customize their choices and pay for channels are expected to drive the demand for pay TV in Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
The report analyzes factors affecting the pay TV market from both demand and supply side and further analyses market dynamics affecting the market during the forecast year such as driver, restrain, opportunities and future trends. The report also provides comprehensive Porter’s model analysis on the pay TV market for all six regions namely; North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and the Rest of the world.
Major companies focusing on offering several channels and covering telecast of a higher number of live events, and offering consumer-specific social media applications to increase their respective market share in the global pay TV market during the forecast period. Major companies in the global pay TV market include Airtel Digital TV, DIRECTV, DISH Network Corporation, Dish TV India Limited, Fetch TV Pty Ltd., Foxtel, Rostelecom PJSC, Spectrum, Tata Sky Ltd, Tricolor TV, Videocon d2h ltd, Xfinityand among others.
This report also includes the profiles of key pay TV market companies along with their SWOT analysis and market strategies. In addition, these competitive landscapes provide a detailed description of each company including future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launch, new product developments, and other latest industrial developments.
Key Developments in Pay TV Market:
- In 2020, AT&T TV launched nationwide, this is going to work on contract-based, with month-to-month streaming TV apps like YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, and Sling TV. The company is working with the aim to position AT&T TV as its premium streaming TV experience, and provide service for people seeking a better cable / satellite alternative than a cheaper one.
- In 2016, DirecTV NOW launched mobile application on the iOS and Apple TV App Stores as a free initial download with the aim to allow customers to stream and subscribe to various channel bundles. This app enables the stream top live channels and thousands of On Demand movies and shows instantly upon sign-up.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global pay TV market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market.
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Internet Protocol TV (IPTV)
- North America Pay TV Market
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Technology
- Europe Pay TV Market
- By Country (Germany, Russia, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- By Technology
- Asia Pacific Pay TV Market
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Technology
- Middle East Pay TV Market
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- By Technology
- South America Pay TV Market
- By Country (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Rest of South America)
- By Technology
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the pay TV market on a regional and global basis
- Unique research Usage for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
For more information, contact: [email protected]