PBT resins or polybutylene terephthalate resins, are semi-crystalline, synthetic engineered thermoplastics which have very related composition and properties to PET (polyethylene terephthalate). PBT resin and PBT compound are the two types of products used in various applications. PBT compound comprises various materials that can include PBT resin, fiberglass filing, and additives, while PBT resin includes only the base resin. The material is often used in mineral or glass-filled grades. PBT resins are present in a wide range of colours from white to bright colours. Polybutylene Terephthalate resins are formulated by using special catalysts coupled with the polycondensation of dimethyl terephthalate or terephthalic acid with 1, 4–butanediol. PBT resins are widely used in several industries such as automotive, medical, electrical and electronics, and others. Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) is a thermoplastic engineering polymer that is used as an insulator in the electrical and electronics industries. It is a thermoplastic (semi-)crystalline polymer, and a type of polyester. PBT is resistant to solvents, shrinks very little during forming, is mechanically strong, heat-resistant up to 150 °C (or 200 °C with glass-fiber reinforcement) and can be treated with flame retardants to make it non-combustible.
PBT resins belong to the polyester group of resins and have very similar characteristic properties with other thermoplastic polyesters. PBT resins are high-performance material which have higher molecular weight and have stiff, strong, and engineerable plastic properties. PBT resins are very good for injection moulding and come in various grades such as reinforced, filled, impact-modified, and flame-retardant. Glass-reinforced PBT have a two-to threefold of increase in properties such as flexural, tensile, moduli, and compressive strengths as compared to non-reinforced resins. There is a rise in the use of PBT resins for extrusion techniques and injection moulding such as rod and slab production, melt-blowing of PBT fibres, brake cable liners, and fibre optic buffer tubes owing to which the demand for PBT Resins is expected to grow over the forecast period.
Some of the impact factors:
- With the growing demand for consumer goods and electronics all over the world is expected to drive the PBT resins market during the forecast period.
- India is one of the promising and lucrative market for several consumer electronics and automobile industries, and the rise in the standard of living of general public is anticipated to drive the growth of these sectors in the coming year
- Growing need for better and improved polymer resins is expected to boost the PBT resin market
What does this report provide?
The report gives insights on market size, upstream situation, market segmentation price & cost and industry environment. The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The report describes an in-depth analysis of the key PBT resin market industry players coupled with the profiles and their tendency towards the market.
- Injection Grade PBT
- Extrusion Grade PBT
- Electrical & Electronics
- Automobile Industry
- Mechanical Equipment
- Other Products
North America PBT Resin Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Type
- North America, by Application
Europe PBT Resin Market
- Europe, by Country
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Type
- Europe, by Application
Asia Pacific PBT Resin Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Type
- Asia Pacific, by Application
Middle East & Africa PBT Resin Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Application
South America PBT Resin Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Type
- South America, by Application
Major Companies: Changchun, BASF, Sabic, DuBay Polymer, Ticona, DowDuPont, Kanghui, Mitsubishi, HNEC, WinTech, Toray, BlueStar, Yizheng (Sinopec), Blueridge, Shinkong, DSM, Sipchem, Nan Ya, Heshili
Years Covered in the Study:
Historic Year: 2017-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Year: 2028
Objectives of this report:
- To estimate market size for PBT resin market on regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in PBT resin market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the PBT resin market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of PBT resin market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Provides niche insights for decision about every possible segment helping in strategic decision making process.
- Market size estimation of the PBT resin market on a regional and global basis.
- A unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Identification of major companies operating in the market with related developments
- Exhaustive scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the PBT resin
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
- Product Specific Competitive Analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]