The Global Platelet Concentration Systems Market is estimated to value at USD 320.2 million in 2021, with a CAGR of 22.4% during the forecast period. The platelet concentration systems are specifically designed for the safety and rapid preparation of platelet-rich plasma at the point of care from a small amount of the patient’s blood sample. Platelet-rich plasma is a non-surgical alternative to sports medicine, orthopedics, dentistry, neurosurgery, ENT, urology, ophthalmology, wound healing, cardiothoracic, and maxillofacial surgery. This bioactive protein-rich plasma plays a vital role in tissue healing or hemostasis. Platelet-rich plasma contains three main proteins namely vitronectin, fibrin and fibronectin which play an important role in cell adhesion molecules.
Increasing incidences of sports injuries, increasing number of cosmetic and surgical procedures, and growing use of platelet-rich plasma in different therapeutic areas are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period. According to research conducted by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, around 18.1 million cosmetic surgeries were done in the year 2019 in the United States. It was observed that the number of procedures increased over the last five years and the preferences of the people for minimally invasive cosmetic surgery across the United States has also increased. Certain procedures like liposuction and facelifts are gaining popularity.
On the other hand, the concentrate of regenerative cells in the bone marrow concentrate offers strong and healthy healing of the damaged tissue that enables it to grow and repaired by accessing the natural healing process of the body. Bone marrow concentrate also relieves the pains, reduces swelling and boosts the healing of articular cartilage and bone which needs blood platelet concentration systems. All these above-mentioned factors are driving the platelet concentration systems market growth.
Getting platelet rich plasma from male and female donors is expected to face significant differences in the market growth between the donors which estimated to be the major restraining factor in the future. The platelet concentration systems have not been severely affected with the onset of COVID 19. Most of the problems are faced in the field of logistics during the quarantine period which have affected the platelet concentration systems market.
TABLE 1: GLOBAL PLATELET CONCENTRATION SYSTEMS MARKET OVERALL SNAPSHOT
The global platelet concentration systems market is segmented into technology, end-user, and region.
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL PLATELET CONCENTRATION SYSTEMS MARKET SEGMENTATION
Global Platelet Concentration Systems Market, by Technology
Based on technology, the global platelet concentration systems market is segmented into apheresis technology, single spin technology, and double spin technology. Among these, single spin technology is expected to observe the fastest growth during the forecast period. Single spin technology is the only technique that starts with the single plasma cell and aims in solving the complex problems existing in today’s healthcare systems. These factors are expected to contribute to segment growth.
Global Platelet Concentration Systems Market, by End User
Based on end user, the global platelet concentration systems market is segmented into hospital, orthopedic clinics, sports injury centers, and ambulatory surgical centers. Among these, the hospital segment is the largest segment in 2021, and is expected to remain the largest segment during the forecast period. The segment growth can be owing to the presence of a substantial number of hospitals having platelet concentration systems across the world. Hospitals in developing countries are mainly focusing on platelet-rich plasma-based treatment for aesthetic application. All these treatments are cost-effective, non-surgical, and a substantial number of hospitals are offering this treatment to patients.
Global Platelet Concentration Systems Market, by Region
Based on region, the global platelet concentration systems market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America. North America holds the largest market share in 2021 and is expected to maintain its dominance of the platelet concentration systems market during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of osteoarthritis diseases, technological advancements, and awareness related to stem cell therapy in the North American region are expected to drive regional market growth during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. The regional market growth can be attributed to increasing number of cosmetic surgeries for improving the facial features in the countries like India, Thailand and Korea is estimated to increase the market growth in the region. Platelet rich plasma has various characteristics which make it extremely attractive for use in plastic surgery. This way it is driving the market growth.
Recent Developments in the Global Platelet Concentration Systems Market
- February 2021- EmCyte completed the acquisition of Cellmedix Holding LLC by owning all the assets of the latter US-based company which also includes the Centre Platelet Concentrator, a proprietary product system. This acquisition will expand the expertise of EmCyte’s in product development.
- April 2019- APEX Biologic launched a new XCELL PRP System, a specialized concentrating device that helps in shortening the overall processing time and further reduces the manual errors compared to the other systems.
- August 2019- Healeon Medical Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bimini Health Tech got the US FDA 510 (K) clearance approval for its Healeon Duet (BK200449) for platelet-rich plasma preparation.
TABLE 2: GLOBAL PLATELET CONCENTRATION SYSTEMS MARKET OVERVIEW
FIGURE 3: GLOBAL PLATELET CONCENTRATION SYSTEMS MARKET (USD BILLION), 2021-2030
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global platelet concentration systems market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global platelet concentration systems market have been covered in the report. This report further includes the market shares of the leading companies operating in the global market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
- Apheresis Technology
- Single Spin Technology
- Double Spin Technology.
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Sports Injury Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Technology
- North America, by End User
- Europe, by Country
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Technology
- Europe, by End User
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Technology
- Asia Pacific, by End User
Middle East and Africa
- Middle East and Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Middle East and Africa, by Technology
- Middle East and Africa, by End User
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- Rest of South America, by Technology
- Rest of South America, by End User
Major Companies: In this report, the major companies studied are: Anthrax Inc., Stryker Corporation, Johnson & Johnson’s, Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc., Terumo Corporation, Arteriocyte Medical Systems, Inc., Exactech Inc., Harvest Technologies Corp., and Nuo Therapeutics, Inc.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for the platelet concentration systems market on a regional and global basis
- To identify major segments in the platelet concentration systems market and evaluate their market shares and demand
- To provide a competitive scenario for the market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years
- To evaluate the key factors governing the dynamics of the platelet concentration systems market with their potential gravity during the forecast period
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for the mentioned applications
Key Questioned Answered in the Study:
- What are major growth drivers and market trends that are impacting the global platelet concentration systems market?
- What is the market size both in terms of value and volume for the global platelet concentration systems market?
- Who are the leading market players and who are the new market players that operate in the global market with an estimated market share?
- What are the future investment pockets and opportunities in the global platelet concentration systems market?
- Major list of customers and potential futuristic customer list along with an estimated buying volume
- Impact of COVID-19 on the global platelet concentration systems market
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client-specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]