Powered lower-limb orthoses provides the ability to restore sitting down, standing up, and walking movements for individuals with paraplegia. The robotic exoskeletons generally have electrical motors located at the knee and hip joint centers, which move the wearers' lower limbs through the suitable range of motion for gait according to control systems using either impedance control or trajectory control. Cumulative demand for powered lower limb orthosis in Motor Adaptation and Rehabilitation boosting the global market during the forecast period. Additionally, the growing prevalence of gait disorder boosts the demand for the global powered lower limb orthosis market. According to data published by Cambridge University, Gait disorders are most common in the elderly and their prevalence increases with age. However Regulatory challenges for securing approvals for medical applications of exoskeletons might hamper the growth of market globally. Based on limb type, the market has been categorized into knee, foot, and combined. On the basis of age group, the market has been categorized into pediatric and adult. By end-user the market has been segmented into hospitals, orthopedic clinics, and homecare.
This research report categorizes the market for powered lower limb orthosis based on various segments and region and forecasts revenue growth and analysis of trends in each of the submarkets. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities and challenges which influence the powered lower limb orthosis market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger and acquisition have been included in order to draw the competitive landscape in the Powered Lower Limb Orthosis market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub segments of the Powered Lower Limb Orthosis market.
FIGURE 1: GLOBAL POWERED LOWER LIMB ORTHOSIS MARKET – MARKET SCOPE
Based on Limb Type, Powered Lower Limb Orthosis market is segmented into knee, Foot, and combined. Among these, combined lim type accounted for the largest market share in 2020. Based on Age Group, Powered Lower Limb Orthosis market is segmented into Pediatric, and Adult. Adult accounted for the largest market share in 2020. Based on application, Powered Lower Limb Orthosis market is segmented into trauma, Support Applications, and Disabilities. Trauma accounted for the largest market share in 2020. Disabilities was the second-largest market in 2020. Based on end user, powered lower limb orthosis market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, and orthopedic clinics. Hospitals accounted for the largest market share in 2020.
The powered lower limb orthosis market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America on the basis region. North America accounted for the largest market share in 2020. Europe was the second-largest market in 2020 and in terms of growth rate, Asia Pacific is estimated to registered high growth over the forecast period.
Blatchford, Inc., Fillauer LLC, Ottobock Healthcare GMBH, Steeper Group, Ultraflex Systems, Inc, E-life International Co., Ltd, Rehan International Co., Ltd., Xiamen Huakang Orthopedic Co.,Ltd., OSSUR etc. are some of the prominent market players in the global powered lower limb orthosis market. These companies are adopting various growth strategies such as new product launch, expansion, agreement, mergers & acquisitions in the market to retain a competitive market position in the global powered lower limb orthosis market from 2018 to 2020 till date. Among the growth strategies, new product launch capture more than half of the growth strategies followed by expansion.
Some of the Key Developments:
- In December 2020, The Xiamen huakang orthopaedic co. ltd. opened a new factory in Longyan, Fujian. As a medical braces manufacturer, they can make all kinds of orthopaedic rehabilitation products, such as ankle foot orthosis, ankle splints, walker braces, knee braces, hip abduction, LSO spinal back braces, waist belt, shoulder immobiliser arm slings, elbow braces, wrist brace thumb spica, finger braces, cervical collar, and so on.
- In September 2020, Blatchford launched EchelonER, the latest hydraulic ankle. EchelonER extends the Echelon Range by combining all of Echelon's unique features and award-winning technology with a greater range of ankle movement.
- In August 2020, Blatchford launched ElanIC, the world’s lightest and most compact waterproof microprocessor hydraulic ankle. It features a discreet, compact and lightweight design that is clinically proven to give greater comfort, improved safety, a smoother gait and balanced limb loading.
Powered Lower Limb Orthosis Market, By Limb Type
Powered Lower Limb Orthosis Market, By Age Group
Powered Lower Limb Orthosis Market, By Application
- Support Applications
Powered Lower Limb Orthosis Market, By End-User
- Orthopedic Clinics
Powered Lower Limb Orthosis Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest Of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest Of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest Of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest Of Middle East & Africa
WHAT THIS STUDY PROVIDES
- Global powered lower limb orthosis market and submarket forecast covering the period of 2017 to 2028, with accompanying analysis
- Extensive details and analysis of contracts, projects, and programs
- Analysis of game-changing technological trends and how these will shape the industry
- Explanation or political, regulatory and technical factors to consider
- Barriers to entry analysis for markets around the world
- Profiles of leading companies operating within the sector
- SWOT analysis of the major key players operating in the market, together with the opportunities available and the key threats faced
- Market conclusions & recommendations
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THIS REPORT
- How the Powered Lower Limb Orthosis market is evolving?
- What is driving and restraining asthma spacer’s dynamics?
- How will each asthma spacer’s submarket segment grow over the forecast period and how much sales will these submarkets account for in 2028?
- How will market shares of each Powered Lower Limb Orthosis submarket develop from 2017-2028?
- Which Powered Lower Limb Orthosis submarket will be the main driver of the overall market from 2017-2028?
- How will political and regulatory factors influence regional Powered Lower Limb Orthosis markets and submarkets?
- Will leading national Powered Lower Limb Orthosis broadly follow macroeconomic dynamics, or will individual country sectors outperform the rest of the economy?
- How will market shares of the national markets change by 2030 and which nation will lead the market in 2028?
- Who are the leading players and what are their prospects over the forecast period?
- How will the sector evolve as alliances form during the period between 2017 and 2028?
THIS STUDY IS INTENDED FOR
- Technology Providers
- Government Agencies
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org