The Global Prenatal Diagnostics Market size is estimated to be USD XX million in 2020 and is projected to register a CAGR of XX% to reach USD XX million by 2028. Prenatal diagnosis is a technique to examine the fetus before birth to detect inherited disorders such as Down's syndrome, genetic disorders, chromosomal abnormalities, neural tube defects, and other conditions. In the event of a high risk associated with the birth of a child, it may help perform a variety of common genetic testing and screening procedures
FIGURE 1: PRENATAL DIAGNOSTICS MARKET
The global prenatal diagnostic market is being driven by a number of factors such as increasing demand for non-invasive prenatal diagnosis, rising detection rates of Down's syndrome, and technological advances. The increasing age of mothers is one of the most important factors that raises the probability and danger of chromosome abnormalities and is, therefore, driving the global market for prenatal diagnostics.
However, the growth of prenatal diagnostics can be restricted to some extent by a strict regulatory structure and conventional ethical outlook towards prenatal testing. Apart from these, non-invasive prenatal tests and alternative screening and testing methods can also have a negative impact on the market. The most widely recognized screening methods are normal ultrasounds, blood tests, and circulatory strain estimation. Normal determination systems incorporate amniocentesis and chorionic villus testing.
The non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) method examines cff-DNA in the maternal blood test to detect chromosomal aneuploidy, in particular chromosome 21 trisomy, which is widely referred to as Down's syndrome. NIPT is more effective than serum screening or ultrasonography and removes the distress and risk of invasive testing.
The global demand for pre-birth diagnostics is benefiting from the high risk of chromosomal deviations from the standard due to the expansion of maternal age, especially in countries where delayed pregnancy is a common occurrence. The expansion of medicinal services and the transition of childbearing tendencies towards a later maternal age are driving market growth.
FIGURE 2: PRENATAL DIAGNOSTICS MARKET SEGMENTATION
The global Prenatal Diagnostics market report has been segmented by Type and application.
By Type, the global prenatal diagnostics market is segmented on the basis of tests into Harmony PrenaTest, BambniTest, NIFTY (Non-invasive fetal trisomy test), Verifi, informaSeq, informaSeq Panorama, MaterniT21 PLUS, and VisibiliT. The MaterniT21 plus segment will hold major market share and is expected to lead the market during the forecast period. It is preferred over the other tests in the group for being the first of its kind diagnostic method. In addition, increased market penetration and aggressive marketing campaigns by companies are boosting the growth of these tests.
FIGURE 3: PRENATAL DIAGNOSTICS MARKET (USD MILLION), BY APPLICATION
By application, the demand for prenatal diagnostics is segmented as fetus, embryos, and newborns
By region, the global prenatal diagnostics market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to hold the largest share in the global prenatal diagnostics market in 2020 and is projected to grow at a moderate CAGR during the forecast period.
The global demand for prenatal diagnostics is segmented by geography into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East and Africa. North America dominated and led the global prenatal diagnostics market. The factors that have contributed to the growth of this region are the growing efforts of collaborations between companies and hospitals and the increasing penetration of testing procedures.
In addition, there has been a rise in the rate of high-risk pregnancy and an increase in the average age of children with chromosomal disorders, which are projected to foster the growth of this regional market over the projected period. The European market is also projected to register significant growth in terms of revenue due to increased business participation and growing approvals from European Commission organisations.
For many established market players, the Middle East and Asia Pacific have remained untapped territories. Therefore, the major corporations are planning to move into this area with better marketing strategies and positioning. This, in turn, is expected to increase market growth. In addition, government-sponsored research programmes, growing disposable incomes, increasing maternal paranoia for their child's wellbeing are going to support the market growth of non-invasive prenatal diagnostics.
- In June 2019, BGI and Eluthia (Germany) launched the NIFTY test (non-invasive prenatal test) under the brand name PreviaTest in Germany.
- In November 2018, Llumina and Pacific Biosciences reached an agreement for Illumina to purchase Pacific Biosciences. This acquisition will allow Illumina to improve its sequencing solutions platform with accurate long-read sequencing capabilities.
- In January 2017, Agilent Technology acquired Multiplicom N.V. (Belgium) to develop extensive offerings for next generation sequencing solutions. Multiplicom creates and commercializes molecular diagnostic solutions that are useful in the early diagnosis of congenital abnormalities and other genetic diseases.
What does this Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global prenatal diagnostics demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global prenatal diagnostics market.
The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global prenatal diagnostics market have also been covered in the report. This report further includes the market share of the leading companies operating in the prenatal diagnostics market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
- MaterniT21 PLUS
North America Prenatal Diagnostics Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Type
- North America, by Application
Europe Prenatal Diagnostics Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Type
- Europe, by Application
Asia Pacific Prenatal Diagnostics Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Type
- Asia Pacific, by Application
Middle East & Africa Prenatal Diagnostics Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Type
- Middle East & Africa, by Application
South America Prenatal Diagnostics Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Type
- South America, by Application
Major Companies: In this report, the following major companies are studied: ANGLE PLC, Berry Genomics Co. Ltd., BGI Genomics, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Hologic Inc., Illumina Inc. Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Sequenom Inc., Lifecodexx AG, Natera Inc., Quest Diagnostics Inc., Ravgen Inc., and others.
Objectives of This Report:
- To estimate the market size for the prenatal diagnostics market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the prenatal diagnostics market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the prenatal diagnostics market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of prenatal diagnostics market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for the mentioned applications
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]