The Scientific Data Management System Market size is estimated to be USD xx million in 2020 and is projected to register a CAGR of xx% to reach USD xx million by 2028. A scientific data management system is concerned with collecting, analyzing, and storing the data generated in a scientific lab. The Scientific Data Management System (SDMS) is designed to manage unstructured data from data systems.
The number of scientific and academic research and development activities have increased, leading to the growth in the Scientific Data Management System (SDMS). This has increased the number of advanced laboratories requiring software for data storage, sharing, management, and security. In addition, the increasing adoption of digitalization across industries supported by technological advancements, as well as an increase in the application of lab IT solutions, is driving the growth of the global scientific data management system market.
FIGURE 1: SCIENTIFIC DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM MARKET
There is also a strong worldwide demand for high-end SDMS solutions across research laboratories, as key scientific data are typically shared with their partner institutions. The SDMS allows for the capture and safe storage of strategic scientific data from a variety of remote locations. The safe storage of scientific data in the joint repository allows convenient retrieval by scientists and other science professionals for their ongoing research. However, lack of skilled and trained professionals and high maintenance costs are hindering the growth of the scientific data management system market.
The global scientific data management system market report has been segmented by deployment mode, component, and end-user.
FIGURE 2: SCIENTIFIC DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM MARKET SEGMENTATION
Based on the deployment mode, the on-premise segment is expected to hold a significant market share during the forecast period, as it is well received by institutions since it addresses data security requirements. Further, it is also a convenient to install software, and it stores data that can be used for future reprocessing.
By component, the global scientific data management system market is segregated into software and service. In the service segment, the market is classified as the professional services and managed services.
Based on end-users, the scientific information management system market has been divided into hospitals, laboratories, and research institutes. With the maximum market share, the laboratory segment is dominating the market. With the growing data volume for laboratory experiments, data storage and data import and export requirements are constantly increasing. To address the aforementioned requirements, scientific data management systems are important in the archiving, collection, and generation of data catalogues.
Furthermore, the scientific data management system market is witnessing an increasing demand for storing patient data, patient history, and other medical records due to the implementation of SDMS in hospitals. The SDMS enables hospitals to personalise the workflow of the individual team members and to approve documents.
By region, the scientific data management system market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA (Latin America, the Middle East and Africa). North America is projected to continue to dominate the market, followed by the European market. The main growth promoting factor for the scientific data management system market is the presence of major participants like Abbott Laboratories and TIBCO software in the region.
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow significantly throughout the forecast period with continued investment and growing acceptance of advanced technology devices in healthcare. Furthermore, government support and other favorable programs are stimulating business growth in the region, which will have a favorable impact on the global scientific data management system market.
- Companies are proactively introducing highly developed cloud-based scientific data management system solutions for scientific laboratories, which are increasing the market demand for these solutions. For example, LabVantage Solutions, Inc. has launched LabVantage Platform version 8.5 in July 2020, which includes an integrated scientific data management system. This fully functional and advanced SDMS solution precisely collects data and provides laboratory tools with high security.
What does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global scientific data management system demand from a qualitative and quantitative perspective with a forecast for the next 10 years. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the global scientific data management system market.
The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global scientific data management system market have also been covered in the report. This report further includes the market shares of the leading companies operating in the scientific data management system market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Deployment Mode:
By End User:
- Research Institutes
FIGURE 3: SCIENTIFIC DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM MARKET (USD MILLION), BY END-USE INDUSTRY
North America Scientific Data Management System Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Deployment Mode
- North America, by Component
- North America, by End-User
Europe Scientific Data Management System Market
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Deployment Mode
- Europe, by Component
- Europe, by End-User
Asia Pacific Scientific Data Management System Market
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Deployment Mode
- Asia Pacific, by Component
- Asia Pacific, by End-User
Middle East & Africa Scientific Data Management System Market
- Middle East & Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa, by Deployment Mode
- Middle East & Africa, by Component
- Middle East & Africa, by End-User
South America Scientific Data Management System Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Deployment Mode
- South America, by Component
- South America, by End-User
Major Companies: In this report, the following major companies are studied: TIBCO Software Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Merck KGaA, SciCord LLC, LabVantage Solutions Inc., Accelerated Technology Laboratories Inc., Abbott Laboratories, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Objectives of This Report:
- To estimate the market size for the scientific data management system market on a regional and global basis.
- To identify major segments in the scientific data management system market and evaluate their market shares and demand.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the scientific data management system market with major developments observed by key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of scientific data management system market with their potential gravity during the forecast period.
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for mentioned applications
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]