The Stress Management Market reached USD 18,600.9 million in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period. When an individual perceives a challenge or a threat, the natural response in such situations is stress. Stress is a physiological tension or pressure, which is initially a positive response that prepares the person to halt, run, or battle. Severe or chronic stress if not relieved, can have significant consequences for a particular individual’s medical, emotional, mental, and behavioral well-being. It can harm memory, weaken the immune system, and increase the risk of heart disease.
People with stress are more likely to engage in unhealthy behaviors such as excessive use or misuse of alcohol and drugs, cigarette smoking, and poor exercise and food choices. These unhealthy activities can exacerbate stress-related symptoms, often resulting in a cycle of health conditions and unhealthy behaviors.
Long working hours are killing a significant number of people a year, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). According to the first worldwide survey of its kind by WHO, 745,000 people died from stroke and heart disease in 2016 due to overworking. People in Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific region were found to be the most affected, according to the survey. Working 55 hours or more per week was linked to a 35% higher risk of stroke and a 17% higher chance of death from cardiovascular disease, according to the study, compared to working 35 to 40 hours per week.
Nearly three-quarters of those who died as a result of working long hours were middle-aged or older men, according to the study, which was undertaken in collaboration with the International Labour Organization (ILO).
According to WHO, the trend may worsen due to the coronavirus pandemic. WHO has stated that the recent jump in remote working due to the pandemic and the economic slowdown may have increased the risk of diseases due to employees working for long hours. Governments are keen on offering favorable government policies, which will benefit the employees in the future. These policies include imposing and implement laws, regulations, and legislation prohibiting over time and establishing a limited time for working hours. Agreements between employers and workers' associations can make working time more flexible while also establishing a maximum number of hours.
TABLE 1: GLOBAL STRESS MANAGEMENT MARKET OVERALL SNAPSHOT
The stress management market is segmented based on service, delivery mode, end-use, activity, and region.
FIGURE 1: GLOBAL STRESS MANAGEMENT MARKET SEGMENTATION
Global Stress Management Market, by Service
Based on service, the market is divided into stress assessment, yoga and meditation, resilience training, progress tracking metrics, and others. Among these segments, the stress assessment segment holds the largest market share in 2021 and is expected to remain the largest segment during the forecast period.
As a result of the tremendous progress in consumer electronics and miniaturization in recent years, new methods for stress evaluation like stress assessment tests have been created, which are becoming popular choices for determining stress levels. Other advances were made possible by a better understanding of stress and its impacts on people on multiple levels, including physiological, behavioral, and physical.
For instance, in April 2021, the American Institute of Stress partnered with Stressmaster International to deliver the Stress Mastery Questionnaire, a scientifically proven psychometric test (SMQ). This discreet, online self-assessment test provides full stress reports and tailored assessment on all stress risk scores and a stress mastery guide and workbook. The SMQ uses 87 psychometrically developed questions to provide a tool to assess personal stress in three important areas using 11 different scores.
Global Stress Management Market, by Delivery Mode
Based on delivery mode, the stress management market is divided into individual counselors, personal fitness trainers, meditation specialists, and others. Among these segments, meditation specialists’ segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
The meditation specialists segment growth can be attributed to increasing trend of online meditation classes for various industries, resulting in increased awareness regarding stress and mental wellbeing. This has encouraged institutes and organizations collaborating with meditation experts to offer stress management to their staff. For instance, in 2020, California’s Esalen Institute partnered with Radiance Sutras School of Meditation to offer an online meditation teacher training course in response to the growing demand for wellness.
Scientists looked into how the brains of ordinary people might alter after learning to meditate. According to these studies, brain alterations are linked to greater positive feelings and improved emotional control after just eight weeks of practice. Many of these changes take place in the limbic system, which is responsible for reward processing in the brain. For instance, in February 2018, Richard Davidson, a scientist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, researched meditation. With the help of the Dalai Lama, he studied brains of Tibetan Buddhist monks with brain scans. The findings suggest that experts Buddhist monks can slip into this altered brain state within moments. People who meditate are better at ignoring distracting information and regulating their emotions.
Global Stress Management Market, by Activity
Based on activity, the stress management market is divided into indoor and outdoor. Among these segments, outdoor segment holds the largest market share in 2021 and is expected to remain the largest segment during the forecast period.
The outdoor segment growth can be attributed to increasing recognition for connecting with nature to prevent or improve stress and anxiety. For instance, in January 2020, New research by an interdisciplinary team from Cornell found that as little as 10 minutes in a natural setting can help college students feel happier and lessen the effects of both physical and mental stress.
The research examines "nature therapy" and aims to promote this therapy as a preventive measure against high levels of stress, anxiety, depression and other mental health issues that are affecting the college students.
Global Stress Management Market, by End-Use
Based on end-use, the stress management market is divided into small scale organizations, medium scale organizations, and large scale organizations. Among these segments, large scale organizations segment holds the largest market share in 2021 and is expected to remain the largest segment during the forecast period.
The segment growth can be attributed to increasing awareness in large scale organizations regarding high-stress levels of employees and its adverse effects on organizational efficiency. The implementation of stress management programs to counteract this problem is gaining momentum in large scale organizations. Preventive stress management in large scale organizations can help the organization to operate to its fullest potential.
Global Stress Management Market, by Region
Based on region, the stress management market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America.
Among these regions, North American stress management market holds the largest market share. High-stress levels have resulted in consumption of alcohol or other substances due to the trend of alcohol consumption as a solution for unwinding. Substance abuse is also linked to high-stress levels. Drugs and alcohol are elevating stress in the long run, particularly in cases of addiction or dependence are growing drastically, which has increased focus on stress management over the last decade in the region.
Many of the top causes of death in the U.S., such as heart disease, cancer, lung disease, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver, and suicide, are linked to long-term stress. According to a survey by the American Psychological Association (APA) in 2020, Americans were profoundly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. They are facing unprecedented uncertainty leading to elevated stress and are already reporting symptoms of depression.
The Asia Pacific market is expected to be the fastest-growing region during the forecast period. Increasing urbanization and a growing population have led to high competition in every field. Fast-paced lifestyle in cities and migration of population from rural areas to urban areas due to unemployment is elevating stress levels. This has led to increasing number of people seeking help for stress management from healthcare professionals and experts, which is driving the regional market growth.
With the growth of industries, organizations are supporting emotional wellness for employees. Seven in ten Indian workers say they’re experiencing stress at work on at least a weekly basis, according to global payroll and HR leader ADP. ADP’s Global Workforce View 2020 study explores employee attitudes and opinions towards work.
Workers in Asia Pacific are facing increased burnout due to lack of separation between work and personal life and worry of contracting COVID-19, according to Microsoft’s Work Trend Index report published in September 2020.
TABLE 2: GLOBAL STRESS MANAGEMENT MARKET OVERVIEW
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL STRESS MANAGEMENT MARKET (USD MILLION), 2021–2030
Recent Developments in the Global Stress Management Market
- June 2021- Tech-enabled happiness solutions provider, HappyPlus Consulting launched a free platform "ASHA" for managing medical profession-based workplace stress. Based on various parameters, Active Support through Happy Plus application or ASHA hospitals and medical professional’s platform scientifically measures the stress levels after listening to employees and recommend solutions to help them cope up with the stress and anxiety
- April 2021- Meru Health, which provides the most comprehensive online mental health solution, announced the official launch of its Meru Health Coaching program to offer evidence-based digital content and video coaching sessions for employees suffering from stress and mild depression or anxiety symptoms.
- April 2021- Fitbit introduced stress management tools to millions of its users by bringing them to its activity trackers for the first time. The score from the tracker will be available to all FitBit heart-rate enabled devices. It offers a daily assessment of stress-based activity levels, sleep, and heart rate. Fitbit Premium members will get a detailed breakdown of their Stress Management Score, including information on their exertion, sleep patterns, and responsiveness.
- April 2021- FSAP launched two new programs to help with stress management. The Faculty Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) will help Emory University staff and faculty along with two new virtual programs focused on stress management.
- March 2021- Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) launched of an online tool designed to identify variables affecting employee well-being to tackle mental and emotional distress in the workplace. MOM introduced the new resource amid a worsening mental health crisis across the world. The technology, dubbed iWorkHealth, uses a self-administered psychosocial health survey questions. It presents aggregate data, and enables employers to gain insights into the well-being of their workforce.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the stress management market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the stress management market have been covered in the report. This report further includes the market shares of the leading companies operating in the global market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
- Stress Assessment
- Yoga and Meditation
- Resilience Training
- Progress Tracking Metrics
By Delivery Mode
- Individual Counselors
- Personal Fitness Trainers
- Meditation Specialists
- Small Scale Organizations
- Medium Scale Organizations
- Large Scale Organizations
North America Stress Management Market
- North America, by Country
- North America by Service
- North America by Delivery Mode
- North America by End-Use
- North America by Activity
Europe Stress Management Market
- Europe, by Country
- Rest of Europe
- Europe by Service
- Europe by Delivery Mode
- Europe by End-Use
- Europe by Activity
Asia Pacific Stress Management Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific by Service
- Asia Pacific by Delivery Mode
- Asia Pacific by End-Use
- Asia Pacific by Activity
Middle East and Africa Stress Management Market
- Middle East and Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Middle East and Africa by Service
- Middle East and Africa by Delivery Mode
- Middle East and Africa by End-Use
- Middle East and Africa by Activity
South America Stress Management Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America by Service
- South America by Delivery Mode
- South America by End-Use
- South America by Activity
Major Companies: The major companies of the market include Fitbit, ActiveHealth Management, ComPsych, Marino Wellness, Truworth Wellness, Wellness Corporate Solutions (WCS), Wellsource, Inc., CuraLinc Healthcare, Central Corporate Wellness, Abbott Laboratories Inc., Eli Lilly and Co., GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Lupin Ltd., Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Merck & Co. Inc., Pfizer Inc., and Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for the stress management market on a regional and global basis
- To identify major segments in the stress management market and evaluate their market shares and demand
- To provide a competitive scenario for the stress management market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of stress management market with their potential gravity during the forecast period
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for the mentioned applications
Key Questioned Answered in the Study:
- What are major growth drivers and market trends that are affecting the Stress Management market?
- What is the market size in terms of both value and volume for the stress management market?
- Who are the leading market players and who are the new market players that operate in the stress management market with an estimated market share?
- What are the future investment pockets and opportunity in the stress management market?
- Major list of customers and potential futuristic customer list along with an estimated buying volume.
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the stress management market?
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client-specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]