The Global Sympathomimetic Drug Market reach USD 9.87 Billion in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.34% over the forecast period 2023 to 2032. Sympathomimetic drugs are used to increase the endogenous catecholamines of the sympathetic nervous system for therapeutic effect. These drugs stimulate the chemical messenger epinephrine and norepinephrine from the adrenal gland or imitate the activity of these chemical messengers. Adrenergic medications are used to raise the breathing rate, heartbeat, perspiration, urine flow, and avoid bleeding. The body contains a vast distribution of various adrenergic receptors across several organ systems. Sympathomimetic agents may classify as direct or indirect. Direct sympathomimetics work as agonists upon one or more adrenergic receptors. The pharmacological profile of direct sympathomimetics has its primary basis on the subtype of adrenergic receptors. Adrenergic receptor activity mostly depends on the receptor's molecular structure, signalling mechanism, anatomic distribution, and dosage concentration. Adrenergic receptors include the alpha and beta families. Direct sympathomimetics may operate as selective or mixed agonists at the alpha and beta-adrenergic receptors. Alpha-adrenergic receptors split into alpha-1 and alpha-2. and Beta-adrenergic receptors splits into Beta-1, Beta-2, Beta-3.
There are three basic categories of adrenergic medications most typically utilized such as Bronchodilators, vasopressors, and cardiac stimulators. This medicine is used in the treatment of several life-threatening disorders including chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD), asthma, cardiac arrest, shock, and allergic responses.
The increasing frequency of cardiovascular disorders is likely to fuel the growth of the sympathomimetic agent’s market. Increasing healthcare awareness may further promote the growth of the sympathomimetic agent’s market.
Additionally, the increased no. of research and development activities is also likely to boost the growth of the market. Furthermore, the increasing air pollution, which leads to increasing occurrence of respiratory disorders, may accelerate the expansion of the sympathomimetic agent’s market,
Impact of COVID-19 on Sympathomimetic Drugs Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major effect on the world's healthcare delivery system. Governments all across the world have declared country-wide lockdowns and social distancing measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to prevent health systems from collapsing. The pandemic has significantly affected the adrenergic drug market. The pandemic has highly disrupted drug supply also the potential impact on drug trafficking across the countries due to stoppage of transportation. also, it impacted on availability of drugs.
TABLE 1: GLOBAL SYMPATHOMIMETIC DRUGS MARKET OVERALL SNAPSHOT
The gGobal Sympathomimetic Drugs market report has been segmented by product type, by application and region.
Global Sympathomimetic Drugs Market, By Type
The type segment is divided into Dobutamine, Dopamine, Ephedrine, Epinephrine, Isoproterenol, Norepinephrine, Others.
The drug Epinephrine, Norepinephrine and dopamine are account for highest market share also in terms of revenue. Dopamine is a peripheral vasopressor that is used to treat low blood pressure, slow heart rate, and cardiac arrest.
Global Sympathomimetic Drugs Market, By Application
The application segment divided into Anaphylaxis, Cardiac Arrest, Respiratory Diseases, Others.
The cardiac arrest and respiratory diseases are expected to highest share in the market and revenue due to rising prevalence of cardiac and respiratory diseases. Sudden cardiac death is the biggest cause of natural death in the United States, causing over 325,000 adult deaths in the United States each year. In 2020, as many as 1,81,160 deaths occurred owing to respiratory disorders such as pneumonia, asthma and bronchitis, more than 1,52,311 such deaths reported in 2019. This factor will help the market to grow in the world.
Global Sympathomimetic Drugs Market, Based on Regional Analysis
The region segment includes major regions such as Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Europe, and South America.
The highest market share for sympathomimetic drug worldwide is held by North America, followed by Europe. Major factors that have caused North America to account for a sizeable portion of the global market include an increase in cardiac death cases as a result of an increase in patient prevalence in North America. Europe accounts for the second highest proportion in the adrenergic drug market. This is attributed to growth in product approvals, rise in awareness, adoption of expansion plans by global manufacturers and strategic acquisition of manufacturers as well as increase in R&D activities.
However, the fastest growth rate for the market for adrenergic drugs is anticipated in Asia-Pacific. This is because there are many people with asthma and COPD, healthcare costs are rising, and there are more healthcare facilities.
TABLE 2: GLOBAL SYMPATHOMIMETIC DRUGS MARKET OVERVIEW
Recent Developments in the Global Sympathomimetic Drug Market
- In 2019, StioltoTM Respimat® Inhalation Spray is a medication available only by prescription that is used for a long period of time, two puffs per day, to treat the symptoms of adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or both may be present in COPD, a chronic lung illness.
- In 2018, “Teva Pharmaceutical” has launched “AIRDUO® DIGIHALER™” is a prescription medicine used to control symptoms of asthma and to prevent symptoms such as wheezing in people 12 years of age and older.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global sympathomimetic drugs market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global sympathomimetic drugs market have been covered in the report.
Major Companies: In this report, the major companies studied are Pfizer, Sanofi, Novartis, Sterimax, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Cipla USA, Amneal Biosciences, Hikma Pharmaceuticals, Bedford Pharmaceutical.
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Objectives of this Report:
- On a regional and worldwide scale, estimate the market size for sympathomimetic drugs market.
- To provide a competitive scenario for the sympathomimetic drugs market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years.
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of sympathomimetic drugs market with their potential growth during the forecast period.
Key Questioned Answered in the Report:
- What are major growth drivers and market trends that impacting on the global sympathomimetic drugs market?
- What the market size both in terms of value and volume for global sympathomimetic drugs market?
- Who are leading market players and who are the new market players that operate in the global sympathomimetic drugs market with an estimated market share?
- What are the future investment pockets and opportunity in the global sympathomimetic drugs market?
- Impact of COVID-19 on global sympathomimetic drugs market
Customization of the market analysis:
- By sub-segment
- By customer-specific demand of additional customization including type, country, and application market analysis
- by potential listing of customers and pricing assessment
- Type-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: [email protected]