The Global Thermally Conductive Grease Market is projected to reach USD 660.2 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
Thermally Conductive Grease Market
Thermally conductive grease is generally used as an interface between heat sinks and heat sources such as high-power semiconductor devices. In order to maximize heat transfer and dissipation, the primary function of thermal grease is to eliminate air gaps or spaces (which function as thermal insulation) from the interface area.
Thermally Conductive Grease Market
In contrast to thermal adhesives, thermal conductive greases do not provide mechanical strength to the bond between the heat sink and heat source. External mechanical mechanisms that create the pressure between the two are required in order to spread the thermally conductive grease onto the heat source. A polymerizable liquid matrix and thermally conductive filler are composed of thermally conductive grease. Thermally conductive fillers also are typically electrically insulating. The most commonly used matrix materials include silicone, acrylates, epoxies, urethanes, solvent-based systems, and hot-melt adhesives, while aluminum oxide, aluminum nitride, zinc oxide, and boron nitride are commonly used fillers. Among these fillers, the usage of aluminum nitride is increasing. Electronic surfaces are never smooth. Microscopic blemishes are present on any surface, which reduces the heat flow and increase contact resistance. These gaps or roughness of the surface inhibit effective heat transfer, which can potentially lead to devise failure. TIMs that have low flowing properties can leave voids, which inhibit heat transfer. However, thermally conductive grease fills the micro-gaps entirely (owing to the structure of the matrix). This ensures the vital parts of a component are protected from the flow of heat. Thermal conductivity and resistance, bond line thickness, handling capacity, and reworkability are key characteristics that guarantee the excellent output of thermally conductive grease. Thermally conductive grease is applied in a wide array of industrial applications including power components and supplies, broadcasting equipment, ignition modules, computer equipment, audio amplifiers, power resistors, semi-conductor mounting devices, transistor diodes, thermal joints, and ballast heat transfer mediums. Thermally conductive grease is accessible as distinct product lines in differing degrees or compositions, based on the final implementation and grease conductivity. The different compositions and features of thermally conductive greases are due to its utilization in applications ranging from the simplest to the most demanding thermal requirements.
Based on type, the global thermally conductive grease market is segmented into silicone and non-silicone grease. Among which silicone grease segment is expected to hold the major share in the thermally conductive grease market during the forecast period. Silicone grease is the most commonly used type of thermally conductive grease. Silicone greases are more cost-effective and are capable of withstanding higher temperatures and can fit in smaller gaps.
LED lighting segment of the end-use industry is expected to hold one of the largest shares of the global thermally conductive grease market during the forecast period owing to the government initiatives for the energy-efficient LED lighting.
Asia Pacific is expected to be one of the largest thermally conductive grease markets for the thermally conductive grease attributed to the rising need for energy conservation and reducing electricity expense and also on the ban of CFL lighting which is leading the growth of LED lighting industry in this region.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Thermally Conductive Grease Market:
- High demand from the led lighting industry
- Limited growth due to properties of thermally conductive grease
- Electrification of the transportation industry
- Development of elastomeric pads
Key Developments in the Thermally Conductive Grease Market:
- In April 2019, Henkel AG (Germany) launched a new silicone-free gap filler for electric vehicles during the Battery Show 2019 in Stuttgart, Germany.
- In December 2019, WACKER (Germany) and Fuji Polymer Industries (Japan) announced to intensify their collaborative work on the development of innovative thermal interface materials. To this end, Fuji Polymer Industries will use WACKER’s room-temperature-curing ELASTOSIL silicones for manufacturing novel silicone-based heat-conducting components.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global thermally conductive grease market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the thermally conductive grease market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the thermally conductive grease market.
By End-Use Industry:
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Qatar, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Companies Covered: Dow Corning Corporation, ACC Silicones, Electrolube, Henkel AG and Co. Kgaa, 3M Company, AOS Thermal Compunds, Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Parket Hannifin Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, Laird PLC, Shin-Etsu Microsi, and Lord Corporation.
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global thermally conductive grease market on a regional and global basis.
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Profiling of major companies operating in the global thermally conductive grease market with key developments.
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market.
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]