The Global Transparent Display Market is projected to reach USD 14.3 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 38.9% during the forecast period. The high demand for larger displays and more vibrant color screens is expected to propel the transparent display market during the forecast period.
Transparent Display Market
A transparent display is basically a glass screen on which the user to visualize interactive content along with seeing through the display. These displays can be used for augmented and virtual reality, which are technologies used to view sharper & close to real-life imagery that overlay into real ones. These can be used for making bigger, better & more immersive screens in the future.
The electronics industry is the principal end-user of transparent displays along with the automotive industry. The OLED segment that comes under the head up display is dominating the transparent display market as of 2019 and is expected to do to the same during the forecast period. The introduction of PMOLED & AMOLED technologies is expected to propel the demand for OLED screens even more. With the introduction of nanoparticle technology in the electronics segment, there have been major technological breakthroughs in the transparent display market. In places such as airports, railway stations, metro stations, public display billboards, this technology is used. Here flexible & curved displays are required for the proper display to a large amount of crowd. Things such as epileptic seizures, light sensitivity conditions are to be taken into consideration before the manufacturing of these displays, and hence compatible materials to make such displays are being researched aggressively. In the Aerospace & Defense sector, the radar display systems, as well as geographical displays, need to be clear, vibrant & less taxing to the eye as possible. Therefore transparent screen displays are in high demand in the aerospace sector. In the medical industry, transparent screen displays are essential to detect clots, infarction, blockages and various ailments occurring in the body through visual imagery. TDK Corporation & Panasonic some of the leading companies in the transparent display market.
The Asia Pacific is witnessing tremendous growth in the transparent display market owing to increased disposable income & rapid urbanization and industrial growth. This region is expected to register the highest growth with regards to the transparent display market. The North America & European regions are also growing steadily with respect to the transparent display market and will continue to do so over the forecast period owing to advancements in the medical and defense sectors. The Middle East is an emerging player in the transparent display market.
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Transparent Display Market:
- Increased use of IOT based software such as google maps which make use of transparent screens
- Increased demand from the defense sector
- Increased demand from the immersive entertainment industry
Key Developments in the Transparent Display Market:
- In June 2018, LG Electronics (South Korea) introduced the new transparent color LED film display at InfoComm 2018. The new transparent color LED film display is flexible and can be attached on any surface such as windows and glass, making it possible to turn them into a customized digital display.
- In April 2019 Panasonic revealed its OLED transparent concept display at Salone del Mobile, the world’s largest and most prestigious furniture and lifestyle exhibition.
- In February 2017, Panasonic (Japan) launched a high-image-contrast transparent screen that enables the use of glass, such as shop windows, like digital signage.
- In February 2018, at ISE 2018, LG showcased the potential of its transparent OLED technology with a prototype of a 55-in HD display at its hall 12 stands. For the show, LG lined up a number of innovative ideas that attracted the crowds, including 8K DLP projectors for specialist applications.
- In February 2018, Universal Display Corporation (US) partnered with Kunshan Govisionox Optoelectronics Co., Ltd. (China) for OLED evaluation. This partnership helps Govisionox to enhance its product portfolio of innovative and leading display solutions for end-customers.
- In 2017, Royale, a Shenzhen-based company, began its involvement in the manufacturing of roll-able display and transparent sensors that are used in transparent displays.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global transparent display market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with a potential impact on the transparent display market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the transparent display market.
- Head Mounted Display (HMD)
By End-Use Industry:
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Companies Covered: Major Companies profiled in the report which are key players in the global transparent display market include Planar Systems, Pro Display, Crystal Display System, LG Electronics, Panasonic, BenQ, ClearLED, Kent Optronics, NEC Display Solutions, and Universal Display Corporation.
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global transparent display market on a regional and global basis
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]