The Global Ultrapure Water Market is projected to reach USD 11.86 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 7.2% during a forecast period.
Ultrapure Water Market
Ultrapure water is purified water that meets strict limits on many specifications such as biological organisms (such as pyrogens, bacteria or viruses), organic carbon, dissolved gases, dissolved and suspended solids. Ultrapure water is mainly used in processes of electronics, optical, and pharmaceutical manufacturing applications. UPW is also used in medical, dialysis, and research applications. In order to be considered as ultrapure, water must meet strict purity standards. UPW standards are established and published by several organizations such as AAMI, USP, ASTM, ANSI, CAP, ISO 3696, and NCCLS. All of these organizations have very similar parameters for classifying purified water. Ultrapure water is classified mainly into Type I, Type II, and Type III. Type I, being the purest and Type III being the least pure, the purpose of which is to ensure that the right purity level is achieved for specific applications. Some lab and medical processes require high-grade water purity than others do; thus, these classifications were developed to ensure that the right water purification level is used for any given application.
Ultrapure Water Market
The semiconductor industry, which is governed by stringent standards, is among the largest consumers of ultrapure water globally. A significant number of operations in the semiconductor industry is conducted in cleanroom environments, where the use of ultrapure water is necessary. UPW is an important part of wafer cleaning and etching processes. Significant expansion in the electronics and semiconductor industries is likely to act as a high-impact growth driver for the global ultrapure water market. The usage of ultrapure water in the power industry is driving the market. In coal-fired power plants, for instance, the use of ultrapure water is indispensable. With the rising energy needs of developing economies and the resultant large-scale electrification initiatives, the power sector in countries such as China, India, and Brazil is expected to drive the consumption of the ultrapure water market.
Ultrapure water market in the Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The demand for UPW from the semiconductors industry and coal-fired power plants are majorly driving the market in the region. China is expected to lead the demand for UPW due to the increased industrial production in the past few years. The UPW market in the Middle East and Africa is also expected to grow during the forecast period.
However, contamination in UPW piping systems may affect ultrapure water market growth negatively. Conduit pipes in UPW systems can cause contamination. Organic contamination, metallic contamination, and ionic contamination are the major factors that cause contamination of the piping systems.
Key Factors Impacting Market Growth:
- Rapid evolution of microelectronics sector
- Increase in semiconductor wafer size and need to prevent contamination
- Rising energy need from developing countries
- Must meet strict standards to be considered ultrapure
- Contamination in UPW piping systems
Key Developments in Ultrapure Water Market
- In September 2018, Ovivo Inc. (Canada) acquired a Canadian-based company, FilterBoxx, which is a renowned leader in the design and supply of modular water and wastewater solutions for a wide array of industrial customers across Americas.
- In December 2018, DuPont (US) launched its new reverse osmosis (RO) production line in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a joint venture developed by Dow and Saudi Aramco. The facility will manufacture membrane technology and enhance production capabilities.
- In April 2019, Hydranautics (US) launched the new and improved nanofiltration (NF) range of ESNA1-LF-LD and ESNA1-LF2-LD membrane products.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global ultrapure water market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the Ultrapure Water market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market.
By End-use Industry:
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Qatar, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Companies Covered: DuPont Water Solutions, SUEZ, Veolia SA, Sterling Berkfeld, GE Water & Process Technologies Inc., Hydranautics, Ovivo Inc., Pall Corporation, and Danaher Corporation
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global ultrapure water market on a regional and global basis
- The unique research design for market size estimation and forecast
- Profiling of major companies operating in the market with key developments
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
For more information, contact: [email protected]