The Global Water Treatment Chemicals Market is projected to reach USD 55.61 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. The high demand for water treatment chemicals in the power generation sector & handsome increase in demand in the chemical manufacturing industry is expected to steer the water treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
Global Water Treatment Chemicals Market
Day by day water is becoming a scarce resource. The global groundwater reserves are depleting at a fast rate. Therefore, it has become necessary to conserve water and make optimum use of it. The water & wastewater treatment is an important measure to reduce the wastage of water in industries. The wastewater generated by the industries can be recycled again to fulfill the needs of the industry. This will help immensely in avoiding wastage & making efficient use of water resources. Water treatment chemicals are the most used resource of purifying water released by various industries. The industrial sector collectively accounts for nearly 49% revenue share of the global water treatment chemicals market.
The power generation industry is the one of the major end-use industries in the water treatment chemicals market. Power generation plants require copious amounts of water for their daily routine functioning. The fossil fuel & nuclear power plants approximately consume 200 billion gallons of water on a daily basis. On similar lines, a geothermal power plant on an average consumes nearly 2.5 gallons of water per day. The water released by these power plants contains a hazardous level of contaminants such as lead, mercury, arsenic, chromium, and cadmium. These contaminants can severely degrade the environment, if not treated correctly. Hence, the power generation industry makes use of water treatment chemicals. With the rapidly increasing requirement for power around the globe, the demand for water treatment chemicals is increasing day by day. The water released by the chemical manufacturing industry contains harmful toxins. If this water is directly released into water bodies without treatment, it will have severe repercussions on the water ecosystem. Hence, water treatment chemicals are used heavily in this industry to treat the contaminated wastewater before it is released into the water body.
The Asia Pacific is set to dominate the water treatment chemicals market during the forecast period due to increased power generation activities owing to rapid urbanization in this region. The North America & European regions are also poised to show steady growth in the water treatment chemicals market due to increased use of water treatment chemicals in residential, commercial and industrial sectors. The Middle East is still an emerging player in the water treatment chemicals market.
Global Water Treatment Chemicals Market
Key Factors Impacting the Growth of Water Treatment Chemicals Market:
- Increasing urbanization & growth of population in the Asia Pacific region.
- Increasing power generation projects on a global scale.
- Increasing concerns about water conservation.
Key Developments in the Water Treatment Chemicals Market:
- On 2nd May 2017, Chembond Chemicals (India) completed the acquisition of ChembondSolenis Water Technologies (CSWTL) from Solenis Netherlands B.V., this move enables Chembond Chemicals to improve their presence in the Scandinavian market.
- In 2009, Thermax (India) signed a technology agreement with global leaders GE Water, USA and WehrleUmwelt GmbH, Germany for advanced wastewater treatment
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global water treatment chemicals market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the water treatment chemicals market.
By Product Type:
- Biocide & Disinfectant
- Defoamer & Defoaming Agents
- pH Softener
- Scale & Corrosion Inhibitors
By End-Use Industry:
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Metallurgy & Mining
- Food & Beverages
- Pulp & Paper
- North America
- By Country (US, Canada, Mexico)
- By Country (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- By Country (Russia, Turkey, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- By Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Rest of Middle East)
- By Region (South America, Africa)
Companies Covered: KemiraOyj, GE Water & Process Technologies, BASF-SE, Ion Exchange (I) Pvt. Ltd., Ecolab, Kurita Water Industries Ltd, Thermax Ltd., DorfKetal, SNF Floerger, Chembond India Ltd., and Vasu Chemicals.
Years Considered In The Study
CAGR % (2019-2028)
Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Market size estimation of the global water treatment chemicals market on a regional and global basis.
- Unique research design for market size estimation and forecast.
- Profiling of major companies operating in the water treatment chemicals market with key developments.
- Broad scope to cover all the possible segments helping every stakeholder in the market.
We provide customization of the study to meet specific requirements:
- By Segment
- By Sub-segment
- By Region/Country
For more information, contact: [email protected]