Global Burn Care Market is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of XX.X% from 2021 to 2030
The Global Burn Care Market was valued at USD XX.X million in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX.X% during the forecast period. Burn is damage to the skin or severe tissue damage caused by hot liquids, fire, electricity, or chemical exposure. Burns is mostly measured by the depth of damage, minor, second-degree, and third-degree, the most severe burn must be operated on or treated by skin grafting, which is a painful process. Factors such as rising awareness about healthcare, innovative treatments, and increasing accidental cases contribute to the global burn care market.
There are some advanced treatments, innovative equipment in medical sectors that can provide opportunities for growth in the future for the burn care market and clinics. Government bodies are announcing innovative treatments or procedures and awareness among people regarding the advanced dressing treatments for burn care, contributing to market growth.
However, treatments for burn care are mostly of high cost, which can be unaffordable to the common people. This is can hinder the market growth. But technological innovation in the treatments of burn care is also increasing, which can cut the burn care costs and provide opportunities for clinics, making the treatment affordable to patients.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Burn Care Market
The industries around the globe are severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Healthcare professionals and doctors are under great pressure. But as a whole, the burn care market is running with great precautions, as the doctors have to handle countless patients in this pandemic situation.
In this situation, to control the spread of the virus, doctors and the whole medical team are providing safe treatments to the burned patients for curing severe and complex wounds, and this is boosting the global burn care market in the time of pandemic situation.
Global Burn Care Market, by Product
Based on product, the global burn care market is segmented into the advanced dressing, biologics, traditional burn care, and others. The advanced dressing is further segmented into alginate dressing, collagen dressing, hydrogel dressing, hydrocolloid dressing, wound contact layers, film dressing, and foam dressing. Biologics is further segmented into biologic skin substitutes and topical agents. Traditional burn care is further segmented into tapes and dressings.
The advanced dressing segment is dominating the market as this dressing is designed to heal complex and severe wounds properly through innovative treatment procedures for second and third-degree burns.
Global Burn Care Market, by Depth of Wound
Based on the depth of the wound, the global burn care market is segmented into minor burns, partial-thickness burns, and full-thickness burns. The partial-thickness segment is dominating the market as it is commonly caused when exposed to hot surfaces, fire, chemical exposure, or accident with stoves or ovens inside the house, workplaces, or at the large manufacturing units.
These accidents usually burn the first and second layers of the skin that is known as epidermis and dermis which is severe than minor burns and requires skin grafting or operation.
Global Burn Care Market, by Cause
Based on the cause, the market is segmented into thermal burns, electrical burns, radiation burns, and chemical burns. The chemical burns segment is dominating the market as burns from chemicals such as acid or drugs, battery acid, metal cleaners are most common inside the house, school, workplaces, or at large industrial processing units.
Global Burn Care Market, by End User
Based on end-user, the global burn care market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, and others. Hospitals are further segmented into inpatient hospitals and outpatient hospitals. Hospital’s segment is dominating the market as the second-degree, and third-degree burned patients need to undergo skin grafting and need to be hospitalized for a very long period of time for treatments.
Skin regenerating, or skin grafting is done for the treatment of severely burned patients, who need to be admitted to hospitals for a longer period of time with continuous medication and observations. This is expected to contribute to segment growth during the forecast period.
Global Burn Care Market, by Region
Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and South America. North America is dominating the segments, as the number of hospitals and clinics is increasing due to the increased investments from government bodies.
Also, innovative treatments with advanced technology are undertaken by developed countries in North America, which is expected to drive the regional market during the forecast period.
Recent Key Developments in the Global Burn Care Market
- March 2021 – Nanomedic Technologies, showed promising results in the use of its Skincare System for treating superficial to partial-thickness burns and wounds. The Skincare polymer nanofibrous dressing (PND) allows the highest range of motion, which is suitable for covering all types of wounds and properly attached to the surface of wounds.
- September 2020 – RenovaCare receives US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for CellMist™ System and SkinGun Device. This technology is going to provide effective and expedient healing for the patients.
Some Key Findings of the Global Burn Care Market Report Include:
- The analysis includes a global burn care market study, expansions, and forecasts, along with a country-specific analysis
- An in-depth analysis of the global burn care market comprises segment by product, depth of the wound, cause, end-user, and region with an analysis of trend-based insights and factors
- Product offering details on competitive benchmarking and evolution approach adopted by the industry players, along with their investments in the last five years in the global market have been provided in the report
- The market research includes a study of the provinces, boundaries, drivers, prospects, guidelines, challenges, and procedures that are propelling the global burn care market
- The study also offers complex measures of potential market effect during the forecast period and an in-depth overview of the leading companies operating in the global market
- External as well as internal variables that are expected to have a positive or negative effect on companies have been evaluated, which will offer the decision-makers a strong futuristic view of the industry
- The research also helps understand the dynamics of the burn care market structure by analyzing market segments and by projecting the size of the market
- The report helps to understand the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the burn care market
- Some major industry players functional in the global burn care market are Smith & Nephew PLC, Mölnlycke Health Care, Convatec Healthcare B S.A.R.L., Coloplast A/S, Deroyal Industries, Inc., Acelity L.P. Inc., Derma Sciences, Inc., Medtronic, 3M, and Hollister, Inc.
- Advanced Dressing
- Alginate Dressing
- Collagen Dressing
- Hydrogel Dressing
- Hydrocolloid Dressing
- Wound Contact Layers
- Film Dressing
- Foam Dressing
- Biologic Skin Substitutes
- Topical Agents
- Traditional Burn Care
By Depth of Wound:
- Minor Burns
- Partial Thickness Burns
- Full Thickness Burns
- Thermal Burns
- Electrical Burns
- Radiation Burns
- Chemical Burn
- Inpatient Hospitals
- Outpatient Hospitals
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South America