The Global Vaccine Vial Market is expected to value USD XX.XX million in 2021 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of XX.X% during the forecast period. A vaccine vial is a small-sized bottle or vessel made out of glass or plastic vessel used to store vaccines, medication powders, capsules, or liquids. Vaccine vials are generally used to store vaccines under some temperature. The global vaccine vial market is being driven by the factors such as rising awareness among people regarding pandemics, growing initiatives to promote immunization, the incidence of COVID-19 cases, which are all in one increasing the production of the vaccine vial market.
Growing incidence of COVID-19 cases around the world is one of the driving factors for vaccine vials market. Governments and drug companies around the world are investing and placing huge orders worth hundreds of millions of dollars to push the makers of vaccine vials for manufacturing are enhancing the global vaccine vial market. Due to increasing spread of infections, manufacturers are innovating in syringe technologies and investing in various manufacturing units for vaccines production. This is expected to open new markets during the forecasted period.
However, due to increasing number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the market is facing shortage in the vaccine vial supply. Also, underdeveloped healthcare infrastructure in many developing countries is causing serious challenges, as they can’t afford the advanced healthcare technology for treatments. All these factors are expected to hinder market growth of vaccine vials during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Vaccine Vial Market
Coronavirus pandemic negatively impacted many leading companies around the world. But the vaccine market vial earned high revenue due to increasing COVID-19 cases across the globe, resulting in vaccine vials shortage. Governments have placed millions number of orders to supply vaccine vials to meet the shortage created by the rise in global pandemic cases. Pharmaceutical companies are trying to increase their production by 5 to 10%, Thus, increasing cases of COVID-19 and government support are expected to contribute to the vaccine vial market during the forecast period.
TABLE 1: GLOBAL VACCINE VIAL MARKET OVERALL SNAPSHOT
The global vaccine vial market report has been segmented by product type, material, application, distribution channel, capacity, end user, and region.
FIGURE 1: GLOBAL VACCINE VIAL MARKET SEGMENTATION
Global Vaccine Vial Market, by Product Type
Based on product type, the global vaccine vial market is segmented into molded glass vial and tubular glass vial. Among these, tubular glass vial segment is dominating the market. Tubular glass vials are used as an automatic inspection system to control tolerance and appearance. The main application of these tubular vials is for packaging of vaccines, lyophilized powder, injection powders, and penicillin.
Reduced of cost for preparation, customized packaging according to requirements, superior fill-level consistency, clarity facilitated vision inspections, and light weight are the factors contributing to segment growth.
Global Vaccine Vial Market, by Material
Based on material, the global vaccine vial market is segmented into glass and polymer. The glass vials segment holds the largest market share in 2021 and is expected to remain largest during the forecast period. Vaccine vials are made from borosilicate glass primarily from silicon dioxide to improve the stability. Thus, the glass based vials provide best container closure integrity (CCI) and prevent the drug contamination from moisture, chemicals, and oxygen.
Glass materials are generally used to contain liquid pharmaceutical products. As glass material remains unchanged under all normal environmental circumstances. It retains its shape at temperatures as high as 500 °C and as low as 0 °C. These properties are expected to drive the global vaccine vial market for glass materials during the forecast period.
Global Vaccine Vial Market, by Application
Based on application, the global vaccine vial market is segmented into preventive vaccine and therapeutic vaccine. The therapeutic vaccine segment is dominating the market in 2021 and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. Therapeutic vaccines are innovative vaccines, mostly used for treating viral infections and also in the treatments of different cancers. It helps the immune system to recognize a foreign agent such as virus or cancerous cells.
After the application of therapeutic vaccination for viral infections, the body is introduced with a foreign agent to activate the immune system and recognize the agent when encountered later. These properties are widening the vaccine vial market for therapeutic vaccines.
Global Vaccine Vial Market, by Distribution Channel
Based on distribution channel, the global vaccine vial market is segmented into direct sales, medical stores/pharmacies, e-commerce, and others. The e-commerce segment is dominating the market in 2021 and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
Due to the technological advancements, customers are now placing order for vaccine vials or medical products mostly through online platforms for an easy access like easy return policy, transparency, easy payment options, and quick delivery, which are driving the market in vaccine vial through e-commerce distribution channels.
Global Vaccine Vial Market, by Capacity
Based on capacity, the global vaccine vial market is segmented into 10 ml, 20 ml, 2 ml, 3 ml, and 5 ml. Among these, the 10 ml segment is dominating the market in 2021 and is expected to be the largest vaccine vial market during the forecasted period. Vials are packaged in cellular trays having alphanumeric coordinates for fast and easy identification. Mostly 10 ml containers are used for single doses and for treating various diseases like infections, diarrhea and other disorders.
Global Vaccine Vial Market, by End User
Based on end user, the global vaccine vial market is segmented into pharmaceutical companies, biopharmaceutical companies, contract development and manufacturing companies, compound pharmacy, and others.
Biopharmaceutical companies have captured the largest market share in vaccine vials in 2021 and is expected to remain the largest the during forecast period. Biopharmaceutical companies are researching on candidates and undertaking inventories for research & development, which require vaccine vials for sample storage. Due to increasing COVID-19 cases, major vaccine manufacturing companies such as Serum Institute of India, Johnson & Johnson (US), and AstraZenca (UK) are developing COVID-19 vaccines from last 6 to 7 months that require vials to meet the increasing demands. All these factors are driving segment growth.
Global Vaccine Vial Market, by Region
Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America. Asia Pacific is the largest market for vaccine vials and is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. Increasing demand for vaccination and developed healthcare and pharmaceutical industries are driving the Asia Pacific market. According to National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine 2018, China declared U.S. as the world’s biggest vaccine vials manufacturing and spending country with one billion doses per annum.
TABLE 2: GLOBAL VACCINE VIAL MARKET OVERVIEW
FIGURE 2: GLOBAL VACCINE VIAL MARKET (USD MILLION), 2021–2030
Recent Developments in the Global Vaccine Vial Market
- August 2021 – Bharat Biotech’s new variant of rotavirus vaccine Rotavac 5D has received pre-qualification from the World Health Organization (WHO). Vaccine vials are to be used for prevention of rotavirus diarrhea. The new variant is made with unique formulation that can be administered without a buffer.
- July 2021 – Kerala is set to sign an agreement with Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) for Russian-made Sputnik Vaccine. A manufacturing plant for filling COVID-19 vaccine vials.
- July 2021 – African Union launched the African Vaccine Acquisition Trust (AVAT) to secure COVAX vaccine doses to complement initiatives and target to attain immunization of 60 per cent of Africa’s population. Partners in the acquisition include the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank), and the World Bank.
- July 2021 – ZandCell has signed various contracts with number of governments in South America, Asia, and Africa. The company announced that it wants to manufacture the Russian vaccines vials for distributing worldwide. The aim is to manufacture and sale of 160 million COVID-19 doses in less developed countries.
- April 2021 – US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved new vials from Moderna, that may contain up till 15 doses each as compared to original vials which was designed to hold 10 doses. Providers can safely extract up till 11 doses from original 10 dose vials.
What Does This Report Provide?
This report provides a detailed understanding of the global vaccine vial market from qualitative and quantitative perspectives during the forecast period. The report also provides dynamic indicators with potential impact on the market during the forecast period and an in-depth analysis of the leading companies operating in the market. The major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global vaccine vial market have been covered in the report. This report further includes the market shares of the leading companies operating in the global market, along with their production capacities and the growth strategies adopted by them.
By Product Type:
- Molded Glass Vial
- Tubular Glass Vial
- Preventive Vaccine
- Therapeutic Vaccine
By Distribution Channel:
- Direct Sales
- Medical Stores/Pharmacies
- 10 ml
- 20 ml
- 2 ml
- 3 ml
- 5 ml
By End User:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Development and Manufacturing Companies
- Compound Pharmacy
North America Vaccine Vial Market
- North America, by Country
- North America, by Product Type
- North America, by Material
- North America, by Application
- North America, by Distribution Channel
- North America, by Capacity
- North America, by End User
Europe Vaccine Vial Market
- Europe, by Country
- Rest of Europe
- Europe, by Product Type
- Europe, by Material
- Europe, by Application
- Europe, by Distribution Channel
- Europe, by Capacity
- Europe, by End User
Asia Pacific Vaccine Vial Market
- Asia Pacific, by Country
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific, by Product Type
- Asia Pacific, by Material
- Asia Pacific, by Application
- Asia Pacific, by Distribution Channel
- Asia Pacific, by Capacity
- Asia Pacific, by End User
Middle East and Africa Vaccine Vial Market
- Middle East and Africa, by Country
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Middle East and Africa, by Product Type
- Middle East and Africa, by Material
- Middle East and Africa, by Application
- Middle East and Africa, by Distribution Channel
- Middle East and Africa, by Capacity
- Middle East and Africa, by End User
South America Vaccine Vial Market
- South America, by Country
- Rest of South America
- South America, by Product Type
- South America, by Material
- South America, by Application
- South America, by Distribution Channel
- South America, by Capacity
- South America, by End User
Major Companies: The major companies operating in the market include Schott AG, Nippon Electric Glass, Corning Inc, DWK Life Sciences, Nipro Corporation, Pacific Vial Manufacturing, Inc., Zheng Li, Zhenchuang Pharmaceutical Company, Shandong Pharmaceutical Packaging Company, Cang Zhou Four Star Glass Tube Co., Ltd, SGD Pharma, Jotop Glass, and Stevanato Group.
Objectives of this Report:
- To estimate the market size for the vaccine vial market on a regional and global basis
- To identify major segments in the vaccine vial market and evaluate their market shares and demand
- To provide a competitive scenario for the vaccine vial market with major developments observed by the key companies in the historic years
- To evaluate key factors governing the dynamics of vaccine vial market with their potential growth during the forecast period
- To evaluate the leading company-wise pricing analysis for the mentioned applications
Key Questioned Answered in the Study:
- What are major growth drivers and market trends that impacting on the global vaccine vial market?
- What the market size both in terms of value and volume for global vaccine vial market?
- Who are leading market players and who are the new market players that operate in the global vaccine vial market with an estimated market share?
- What are the future investment pockets and opportunity in the global vaccine vial market?
- Major list of customers and potential futuristic customer list along with an estimated buying volume
- Impact of COVID-19 on global vaccine vial market
This study is customized to meet your specific requirements:
- By sub-segment
- By client-specific country, type, and application market analysis
- Pricing analysis along with the potential list of customers
- Product-specific competitive analysis
For more information, contact: email@example.com